40 coaches online • Server time: 14:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
meshur

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2006 - 03:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello everyone, I've been away from BB and fumbbl since around 2004. Work, WoW and other things have been on my mind but BB has always been in the background of my head waiting to come back and now here I am again. I still have fond memories of some of You, Trog, always helpful and charmingly whiny about my orcs and Mymlaban, still remember when You where completely fresh here. Lots of others as well that Ive enjoyed spectating and probably played some aswell but cannot remember now.

But enough of old times.

My team, the Lugburz Hammers http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=62405

Although I've only played quite few games with them they became incredibly broken, 3str 5 players and 4 str 4 so ofcourse they became my darlings.

Now to the question at hand, should I start off playing with them and disregard the fact that they might and probably will get ripped to shreds because of me not having played the game for about 2 years and just enjoy the game as it is with a team that I love or should I start out light with a new team that I might not bother continuing with and I might end up leaving for another 2 years or so just to be sure that the Hammers wont die because of me being rusty all over?

As a sidenote I should say that I enjoy playing ball with bashy teams, Ive never been able to make a low AR team as w elves survive past their 5th game or so therefore I stick to the heavier hitters. My most enjoyable moments in BB has been with orcs vs faster teams ( http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=316645 )where I have the strength and they have the maneuverability. Im a defensive player and not a slaughtering one. Ofcourse i realise that this might qualify me as a cherrypicker of the worst sort ie one that plays a bashy team only vs lightly armored players that I can harass as I want. Maybe thats true but then again Ive been known to pick fights that could only result in tears aswell ( http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=314809 ).

So enough of that, what do You people think? Should I jump into the fray with my loved Hammers and risk them or should I play it safe with some other team to begin with?
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2006 - 03:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome back.

And I'd say: Play whatever you like, players eventually die anyway. Wink
Diabl0658

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2006 - 03:56 Reply with quote Back to top

what good is it to hang on to them if you wont play with them? Play some more games with them and see how many str5 guys you can get

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2006 - 05:21 Reply with quote Back to top

My skaven lasted all of 9 turns with four +str players at the same time before a crowdpush cost me one. Lots of grumbling ensued about the crowd, but not about the decision to play the team. Give them a go...if you can find an opponent willing to play ya...

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2006 - 05:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Go ahead and play with em, they can only get killed Smile

BTW I must say that's one evil little blitzer you got there, St5 Ag4?? Bugger........
Synn

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2006 - 07:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll play you.

__Synn
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2006 - 08:02 Reply with quote Back to top

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^6

Lol - nice answer Synn!

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2006 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

If I were you, I'd start a new team and get yourself into a good playing rhythm, then enter the Grotty Little Tournament with those orcs. They look like a good tourney contender.

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2006 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Play two or three games with a new orc team to get back into the swing of it.

Plus, the new team will find easier to get games.
The new teams games are likely to be less intense too.

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2006 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont understand....

They are in ranked....

What makes you think anyone out there will be willing to play YOU and that team???

They are too good for the cherry pickers out there. I think gamefinder will be the safest place for them. Just put them on there and let them hang out with the other teams. By the time they get a game, you should have 10-15 other games under your belt.

Jump to: