59 coaches online • Server time: 16:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Read arguement first please before voting
I agree with you Elf Ball isnt fun
31%
 31%  [ 33 ]
I like AG vs AG games
35%
 35%  [ 37 ]
I couldnt care, either way is fine.
23%
 23%  [ 24 ]
Im Macavity and the Blue Bombers suck
9%
 9%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 104

Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2006 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Shinan wrote:
Emphasy wrote:
elf ball at high tr = who hits the most 1's lose 99% of the time

non elf ball at high tr = who hits the most skulls lose 99% of the time

This really isn't true. Rolling four skulls in a row is 1/1296 compared to 1/36 to roll snake-eyes. Elfball is a lot more prone to be decided by single rolls. That is not to say that injury rolls isn't important in a dwarf vs dwarf match but not nearly as important.

Tip for the unexperienced elf coaches: Good elf coaches doesn't score in two turns. The trick of the game is to stall the TD for as long as possible. If you're playing HE vs DE and can achieve 1-0 after the first half and controlled the ball all the way you have done good. if your opponent answers with a 2 turn TD you have the game in your pocket.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2006 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

What got me into elfball (yeayea, I'm still a rookie) was the boring bashy teams! Bashing got boring after I had played only bashy teams. I guess it works the other way around, too.

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2006 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe my defense isnt that good in when I play Elf ball. It does seem to me that most elf vs elf games I play become who can foul the best players off the pitch first. Then walk all over the other team when he only has 8 or 9 guys. I find that Elf vs Elf is less an AG style and more a bashy style. Dull.

Jeffro
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2006 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Im glad to see there is 8 Macavitys, who agree the Blue Bombers Suck.

Jeffro
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2006 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Im Macavity and the Blue Bombers suck.....

How to choose? Am I? Do they? Did Dicky throw an interception? Was it Warren's fault? Can the Lions roar with no receivers? Will Dicky go down, and the team spiral after him without a competent back up or run defense of any sort?

So many questions.....

Oh, but there is another option. I don't care. Fling Ball forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2006 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

IMO Elf ball is not just decided by a single dice roll. Specifically at high TR if both sides do things right defending will be what happens loads.

Yar, snakeyes happen ... the difference with elfs though is that the ball still can be recovered fairly easily with ag4 even after an early turn end.

In contrast ... playing high TR elves against bashers (as I am just doing against Cloggys CDwarves once more) - well ... it really is just a bash fest without much the elves can do (unless the dice are very much my side). I.e. against a side stacked with mblow/guard/tackle and against a coach that knows how to protect the ball well - forget elfballing .).

The Higher the TR the more the game becomes one of extremes (playstyle wise) I think.

-Mnemon
Furious_George

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2006 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you need to differentiate between elfballing and playing elves Smile Personally I would say my humans 'elfball' due to high use of catchers and a habit of making long passes to recievers deep in the opponents half. On the other hand, they arent elves, and arent afraid of putting the boot in if theres a need. Even dark elves dont always elfball in that respect.
I guess it depends on your defenition of elfball.

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2006 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

My definition of ElfBall is it's wussy! Like LionBall! That's right! It's the panty-waist elves who have Lion Warriors as players, what does that tell you? The world knows that B.C. sucks!!!!!