12 coaches online • Server time: 06:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should this Night Goblin Roster Be Included In The Stunty Leeg?
YES! YES! This team is balanced and fun, include it and increase the mayhem!
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
The team still seems imbalanced (too strong), but I'd like to see some form of Night Goblins in stunty! (please include comments and suggestions below)
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
The team still seems imbalanced (too weak), but I'd like to see some form of Night Goblins in stunty! (please include comments and suggestions below)
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
No! There are enough goblin teams, Night Goblins suck!
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
It doesn't have enough to set it apart. *Yawn*, another basher team.
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 13

cataphract

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2003 - 02:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
0-3 Squigs 4 4 4 7 OFAB, Pogo, RSF, Frenzy, No Hands (G) 80,000
0-16 Night Goblins 6 2 3 7 Stunty, right stuff, dodge, thrall (A) 40,000
0-2 Fanatics 4 6 3 7 Ball and Chain (A) 50,000

Re-Rolls 70,000

After generous playtesting and much discussion, this is the night goblin roster I've come up with. The last roster proposed was popular but, it seemed, not well balanced. This roster attempts to aleviate those imbalances.

Squig movement has been reduced to 4, however they do have pogo which means they can go for it 4 times. This means the squigs have ample movement distance but it's risky.

Also re-roll costs are 70k (10k higher than normal goblins) since the re-rolls are more usefull to this team (OFAB and collapse rolls).

As Kipp mentioned in another thread the idea is to NOT simply make a "goblins+" team. I feel that the increased re-roll cost and the more unreliable movement of the squigs as well as the other comments mentioned in other threads brings this team to a point of balance with other stunty teams but makes them different and fun.

I have playtested this team numerous times at different TRs. The team is either very strong or very weak. If you can hold on to your squigs long enough you have a good chance of making it through the game. But that AV7 hurts. Not to mention the penallty rolls. A lot of the time you'll find that you're only fielding goblins for the second half.

Please, before you make a decision on your vote. Playtest the roster a bit and make a judgement for yourself.

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2003 - 02:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I know some people want fanatics in a night goblin team. I think the roster looses some of its cohesion when you add in fanatics. I think the Squig Herder team that Klipp proposed is much more cohesive. It sticks to one gimmick: Squigs and makes it the core of the team. I wrote a detailed critique of Klipp's roster and think his roster adds alot more to Stunty then this version. The above list just doesn't feel unique enough for me. Too much like snotlings and goblin cheaters for my tastes.

Evo

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2003 - 04:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Klipps team is bad... you can have a starting lineup of more than half the team at str4 with RSC... all of which can become block dodgers...

this team is simple, fun and in the spirit of stunty!
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2003 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm with Evo, With Mr Klipps Roster and the changes suggested by Evo and Twahn I think we're on to a winner, this is a good roster BUT I much prefer the squig herder team from the Alternate Night Goblin Thread.