41 coaches online • Server time: 15:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2006 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Emphasy wrote:
Why bother?

As if CR really means anything anyway - only you CR horny people would care about this...

naah... even if it means not that much, it gives you a valid information... however... when a timeforcing rule comes into play i would stop playing ranked, probably stop playing bloodbowl anyway.... i cant count the amount of games i have stopped because of that... its just a game... why do we have to force anyone to play it to be successfull... i think this would just be a really really poor change... .....actually i play nearly every day, but just the fact that a week of holidays would set me down seems pretty frustrating to me... not to mention the when-you-play-less-this-dont-makes-you-a-worse-coach-and-CR-would-mean-less-that-way-argument

when you want a timedepending league go play faction

...and i would really like to see ford stop playing now.... but i doubt he will do it
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2006 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Just do it the MTG way:

Remove inactive players from the list temporarily. A coach would be considered inactive if he has played less than, let's say, 12 games over the last year.

Problem solved.
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2006 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Why such complicated? Simply reset CR every 3 month. Then all "inactive" coaches will vanish from the lists.
A decay would have been great for ladder points, though. But sadly ladder is already history.

sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2006 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Glimmervoid wrote:
Emphasy wrote:
Why bother?

As if CR really means anything anyway - only you CR horny people would care about this...

naah... even if it means not that much, it gives you a valid information... however... when a timeforcing rule comes into play i would stop playing ranked, probably stop playing bloodbowl anyway.... i cant count the amount of games i have stopped because of that... its just a game... why do we have to force anyone to play it to be successfull... i think this would just be a really really poor change... .....actually i play nearly every day, but just the fact that a week of holidays would set me down seems pretty frustrating to me... not to mention the when-you-play-less-this-dont-makes-you-a-worse-coach-and-CR-would-mean-less-that-way-argument

when you want a timedepending league go play faction

...and i would really like to see ford stop playing now.... but i doubt he will do it

thanks for you very interesting input. However, it's sad that instead of taking so much time to write you could have taken, let's say, 1/4 of that time to read the idea.

let's take some exemples:

Quote:
but just the fact that a week of holidays would set me down seems pretty frustrating to me...

That's the indicator that you didn't read it or thought on it: You drop the same way as everyone else active or not.

exemple: you are 160 the one before you 161 and the one behind 159.
everyone drops from 0.1 : you are not the only one because you are in hollyday. The difference of CR is still 1 point.

But if you stay away over a long time, you eventually drop from standings because you will drop belong players maxima.

For exemple: I think I can stay over 170 but I am not good enough to break over a long time the 175 cap. I could as well hope for a lucky thing: winning a smack or a RRR then stop. I'd stay over 175. But I am overrated and my overrating is due to game avoiding.

Since everyone is affected, you aren't favourized relatively to the amount of games played. Actually, you have to play an amount of games relative to your expected CR gain (another story and I don't think it's usefull to go into it)