42 coaches online • Server time: 11:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Bloodbowl at Gencon Indy
Ill be there with my team ready to take down the competition.
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Ill be attending the con but will not participate in the BB tournament.
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Sorry, too far away for me to go.
52%
 52%  [ 11 ]
Gen What?!?!?
38%
 38%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 21

IvanTheCow

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2006 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

So its August so for alot of hardcore gamers in America that means Gencon Indy is upon us. Seeing as there is a big bloodbowl tournament there i was just wondering if anyone was planning on attending.(im going to the con but am busy during the bloodbowl events so i cant play myself)

PS. I will probably stop in to the bloodbowl room at least once, so if you see a guy in a crappy blue Las Vegas Visor walking with a cane, that would be me. introduce yourself, buy me a beer, and we can talk about random number generators till the wee hours of the morning.
Sysiphos

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2006 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

IvanTheCow wrote:
PS. I will probably stop in to the bloodbowl room at least once, so if you see a guy in a crappy blue Las Vegas Visor walking with a cane, that would be me. introduce yourself, buy me a beer, and we can talk about random number generators till the wee hours of the morning.

Hm... which one of those 500 lads in crappy blue Las Vegas Visors walking with a cane is YOU? Wink

Have fun!
IvanTheCow

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2006 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

good point, there are alot of bad hats and guys with canes, but im different cause i have both and NEED the cane as oppose to just like walking around with one. (i know i know i should get a cane sword, everyone tells me that)
GalakStarscraper

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2006 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

IvanTheCow wrote:
good point, there are alot of bad hats and guys with canes, but im different cause i have both and NEED the cane as oppose to just like walking around with one. (i know i know i should get a cane sword, everyone tells me that)
As a fellow member who brings a cane to walk around GenCon ... stick with the non-sword version ... airport security can be touchy if you grab the wrong cane on the way out the door. Laughing

And will I be at the largest gaming convention in North America ... yes. Will I be at the Blood Bowl tournament (which is also for now the largest touranment in North America) ... I sure hope so.

Galak
Meech

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2006 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I went last year to Gen Con (this was before I knew of Fumbbl!). It was a good time. I spent more time walking around then actually playing games.

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2006 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Galak, Dont you run the tournament? If you do i certainly hope you will be there. Also im driving down with 3 friends (can anyone say 10 hour long smelly car trip)
KRaff

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2006 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, I remember a long drive from Austin to Milwaukee, non-stop. It wasn't stinky but hitting Chicago at about 5am stank. I haven't been to Gen-Con since they moved to Indy. I kind of wish I was able to go this year.

Good luck to everyone who can and does.

-K
Meech

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2006 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

We drove from Maine... in a Kia. NEVER AGAIN!!

FLY OR DON'T GO!

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2006 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

IvanTheCow wrote:
Galak, Dont you run the tournament?
Yes I was joking about hoping to go. I will definitely be there since I run that tournament. I'll definitely be at the Chaos Cup in Chicago in October because I run that event for GW.

Got some nice trophies and prizes for folks to pick from for this year. Stuff from GW and from Impact!

Galak
 Jump to: