35 coaches online • Server time: 09:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ludakk

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2003 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, just wondering if you guys would be interested in making SP icons as a competition and then putting the best ones into the game.
I know that there are alot of ppl that like to use player icons and also there are many that use O icons, so if something like that could be done on a whole-big-fumbbl-BB-comunity scale it'd be kind of huge, don't you think? And I'm pretty sure that there are alot of very creative minds out there that might be interested in coming up with cool lookin star player icons.
Let us know wthat you gents think.
Thank you!
-L
cataphract

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2004 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I'e been working on some star player icons for a while now, but procrastination seems to have struck.

I originally decided to make the icons bigger than regular players, then scrapped that idea. One day I'll finish them off and release them...

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2004 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

It won't do you a lot of good. Because of the way star players work in the client, you cannot specify icons for them in the same way as other player positions. Take a look at the .ini file format and the way star players output on a roster and you will see what I mean.

The Finishing Touch
Ludakk

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2004 - 02:20 Reply with quote Back to top

cataphract wrote:
I'e been working on some star player icons for a while now, but procrastination seems to have struck.

I originally decided to make the icons bigger than regular players, then scrapped that idea. One day I'll finish them off and release them...

Would it be possible for you to e mail me some of the once youve made so far? don't worry, I'm not going to take any credit for any of them.
-L
RIPNE1

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2004 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr-Klipp wrote:
It won't do you a lot of good. Because of the way star players work in the client, you cannot specify icons for them in the same way as other player positions. Take a look at the .ini file format and the way star players output on a roster and you will see what I mean.

I noticed, but I'm sure something can be done about it surely?
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2004 - 02:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, something can be done, but it would need to be done by skijunkie. He has said that he is rewriting the format of the .ini files and that starplayer icons should be a possibility once that is done.

The Finishing Touch
 Jump to: