25 coaches online • Server time: 08:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2004 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

until the BBRC say deathzone is coming back you can be 100% sure that it wont be here... ive never tried them so i dont know how good or bad they are. dont get me wrong im not calling anybodys arguement stupid... all im saying is that the good men who created this site want to keep it 100% LRB compliant and that is the way it will be im afraid!
Chickenbrain

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2004 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I am not afraid. Wink Its Christers way and i thank him for doing this insane work. Pretty perfect site. Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2004 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

yep! i dunno where i would be if it wasnt for Christer...

probably in lectures getting a good grade in my degree... Smile
Jugular

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2004 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah me too Brownrob. If I wasn't such a nice guy I'd blame Christer for me not turning up to most lectures last year and why I'm gonna fail tomorrows exam on Differential Topology :S:S
The site is great cause its LRB compliant. No difficult arguments this way Very Happy
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2004 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

i have 3 exams next week and a lab report due in on weds...

maybe we should ask christer to help us out seeing we missed so many lectures, he could make a section of the site where he could educate us in our respective degrees! i mean he is a genius isnt he? Wink
Chickenbrain

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2004 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

*Grin* I could block your account for a while if you prefer. Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2004 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Deathzone - the most damaging thing for the game besides version 3.5 imho... Hated the cards, still hate the cards and will always hate the cards... Razz

Long live LRB!

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2004 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to make sure it is known that I never berated Christer or the site, I think the site is great and Christer is even greater, I was just bringing up a topic of conversation....so please, please no magical niggles on any of my players....
poi66

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2004 - 11:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Cards would be something for an own league, maybe Divx.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2004 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

No, divx is a place to test possible rule changes introduced by the BBRC - again, it is very unlikely that they will suggest anything like the cards.

Divx loses its purpose if not sticking to the lrb + offical experimental rules/teams and nothing beyond.

-Mnemon
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2004 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

poi66 wrote:
Cards would be something for an own league, maybe Divx.

not going to happen... i asked for a league similar to this a while ago and was politely turned down! Smile it made me realise how good this game really is, and how easy we have it on this FREE site to play the FREE bloodbowl client (as long as you own the boardgame of course!). if cards were implemented into divx then somebody else would want ageing removed also and then someone else would want strength 2.67 catchers for some reason or another and things would eventually get out of hand... Sticking to the rules 100% is what makes this site tower above the rest.
i dont mean to rain on anybodys show but that is the way it is...
if you feel strongly about it then you could ask the BBRC why they added in the handicap table and removed the cards. when i think about it i could never design a game as original, balanced and fun as this so we cant really complain!!! Smile

it may help if some text was added to the main page of the site saying something like

"This is a LRB compliant site which doesnt use house rules of any variety, except for stunty leeg Smile Smile "
 Jump to: