16 coaches online • Server time: 07:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MightyQuinn

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2006 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

spelledaren wrote:
If you want to know how good a coach is with a race, look at win record for teams with that race.

Easy enough?

Because of cherry picking, teams avoiding certain team, I don think the w/l/d is a good guide...
MightyQuinn

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2006 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Lishi wrote:
CR sucks anyway...

...my CR is at the moment 175, because I am on a incredible luck streak... ...but me is dumb and stupid anyway.
In my Eyes, everybody with a CR over 158 is a big cherrypicker! Wink

Hey, I resent that Smile I just got a 5+ point cr boost because of a very lucky win in the RRR against a good coach (177) but he only had 8 players due to 3 kills in his previous game... I usually hover around 152-154...
Pirrekurr

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2006 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Coach Rating?
Can you eat that?

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2006 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="Arcon"]
spelledaren wrote:
Only when you get above 170 you start to worry how not to drop, but that is another story...

Nah, that´s not true...

I want to win every match and still have a CR about 149. So people don´t see that I win every match! Wink
Arcon

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2006 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Lishi wrote:

Nah, that´s not true...

I want to win every match and still have a CR about 149. So people don´t see that I win every match! Wink

Well, the one I see at your page is 175. Try not to drop to 149 Wink
odi

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2006 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

MightyQuinn wrote:

In the past I have heard people saying they were going to play a certain race to lower their Coach Ranking for some odd reason...

Thoughts ?

Yup, some ppl start playing with gobbos and flings (for example) quite a lot, to get their CR down, even though a big CR isn't really a problem in getting games, but it might scare some ppl off. So with a lower CR you'll get games more easily.
Pro511

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2006 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

So... we want the website do to more computations to facilitate easier cherrypicking? Wink

If you're that desperate, simply look at the win/loss ratios, compare then to the strengths of the teams played, look at the person's win% with all the teams of that race, look at their opponent's strength of schedule and their opponent's opponent's strength of schedule.. then when you've found the guy that you will mathematically automatically beat, simply PM them and tell them to forfiet a game against you. Saves the time of actually playing Blood Bowl.

Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2006 - 09:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Newbie511 wrote:
So... we want the website do to more computations to facilitate easier cherrypicking? Wink

If you're that desperate, simply look at the win/loss ratios, compare then to the strengths of the teams played, look at the person's win% with all the teams of that race, look at their opponent's strength of schedule and their opponent's opponent's strength of schedule.. then when you've found the guy that you will mathematically automatically beat, simply PM them and tell them to forfiet a game against you. Saves the time of actually playing Blood Bowl.

Very Happy

Or maybe, you just want some standings and rankings per team....

...maybe

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2006 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I made a per race win ratio statistic for my teams.

Jump to: