22 coaches online • Server time: 08:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2004 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello peeps i was just checking out some new pics from a friend of mine (chunky04)
And got a *in my opinion* brilliant idea for new stunty leeg race...
Ninja Halflings:

0-16 Ninja Halflings: Ma5 str2 ag3 av6 dodge, stunty, right stuff, shadowing: 50k
0-2 Ninja Adepts: Ma5 str2 ag3 av6 dodge, stunty, right stuff, poison dagger, shadowing: 70k
0-2 Ninja Assassin: Ma5 str2 ag2 av7 block,shadowing,Dauntless: 90k
0-1 Ninja Saboteur: Ma5, str2, ag3, av6 dodge, shadowing, bombs: 70k
0-2 Ninja Runners: Ma7 str1 ag3 av5 Dodge, stunty, right stuff, shadowing 60k

skills:
Ninja halflings: Agility
Ninja Adepts: Agility
Ninja Saboteur: Agility
Ninja Assassin: general, strength
Ninja Runners: Agility

rerolls: 60k
Apo available

Double skills: as normal, no mutations allowed

me thinks it would be a great team, not overpowered, very fast, and very gittish to play against, since they will shadow a *LOT*
Made player prices quite high, to make sure theyre not too powerfull

Last edited by DreadClaw on %b %02, %2004 - %15:%Feb; edited 2 times in total
chunky04

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2004 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I like it Dread. Would need to do some playtesting on it though.

I've got a few icons done as well. What do people think? This is my first attempt at anythign like this, so be nice Smile

The rest I've done so far are at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fumrep/files/Ninja%20Flings/
RIPNE1

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

oh dear
Twahn

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

My sentiment exactly...

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
elara

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

chunky, your icons page needs a login + the images show as broken links in the posting.

As for the team, a full team of shadowing isn't really worse than a full team of diving tackle - but you don't see that at TR100.
No big guys is a good step towards balancing them, and the costs are fair. Like a skink team they'll find it hard to recover from a bashing.
Drop "right stuff" from the players (they can't use it).
The assassin should have stunty in order to suffer the +1 on injuries.

Might want a different name from ninja flings if you want the roster taken seriously Smile The fluff isn't quite right for BB...
Have fun testing it anyway.
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

If you wanted something remotely fluffy. I'd rework them as a pygmy team. At least they were once a part of the warhammer world.

The shadowing concept might be something to build the team around. But always keep in mind, not to trounce on some other team's main gimmick. The above resembles the gnomes a bit too much (dauntless stunties, and bombs). It's always tempting to throw in tons of funky ideas, but it's much better to play up one gimmick then have to have tons of positional players (I still regret giving the faeries leprechauns as a boost). The base stunty team should be 0-16 linemen, 2 big guys, and 2 secret weapons.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Mystery Link

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 03:41 Reply with quote Back to top

elara wrote:
chunky, your icons page needs a login + the images show as broken links in the posting.

Sorry about that, I've changed the settings on the group so hopefully they should be accessible now. Not sure on the broken links though, they come up for me just fine, anyone else having the same problems?

Quote:
Might want a different name from ninja flings if you want the roster taken seriously Smile The fluff isn't quite right for BB...
Have fun testing it anyway.

Stunty's supposed to be taken seriously? Damn, why didn't anyone tell me Shocked

Quote:
If you wanted something remotely fluffy. I'd rework them as a pygmy team. At least they were once a part of the warhammer world.

But Blood Bowl isn't bound to the WHFB world at all anymore, hence the addition of the necromantics and the new elf team. Of course teams based on WHFB races will continue, if nothign else as a way of getting more people into the core GW games, but that isn't a factor anymore in whether a team should exist anymore IMO.

Fluffy in Blood Bowl is something which has mayhem and is a bit silly - ninja flings fit this pretty well.
chunky04

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 06:53 Reply with quote Back to top

BTW, can anyone out there tell me how to get rid of the background colour on the icons? Yes I am remedial when it comes to these things.
cataphract

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 08:07 Reply with quote Back to top

get a gif editing program and set a particular colour to transparent

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 08:18 Reply with quote Back to top

They would last about 3 turns, ST1 and 2 with 2 daultless
 Jump to: