37 coaches online • Server time: 13:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Clementus

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2004 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Slight change to Zomblings after a game playtesting them, Zomblings gonna lose dodge, and gain Thick Skull.

Flings Rule!
Clementus

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2004 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Sample roster here to go along with deadlings download.

Though you dont have to use this its useful to be able to edit it, or use this to start with.

http://plan.world-domination.org/fumbbl/deadlings/deadlings.html

Clementus

Flings Rule!
Clementus

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2004 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok then THIS is the thread about roster and team so will answer Ithilkirs posed roster here, as well as Evo's comment. First of all to Ithilkir im afraid that the team proposed by you is nothing out of the new at all. and I really dont like it, could just be personal of course, but the Big guys seem to be weak while the team has little basis to it, though i obviously took much of the Deadling team from the Normal Undead side.

Now me and Evo have discussed his point a few times but still seem to be in disagreement, yes nurglings have regen, so do some of the deadlings, but then again all nurglings have dodge and thick skull. NONE of the deadlings have all of these, nor are their "big guys" anything similar and nurglings dont have the pigmy style players (speedy fragile that is).

Reckon what your saying Evo is that they share similar traits, but then surely Khemri and Undead are too similar to be worth having, and Chaos, Nurgles Rotters to similar?

I see Deadlings as a more positional team, certain players for all position with no good "ALL ROUNDERS". A strong team if all players can play to their strengths, but will have problems if dragged out of these positions. Mummies are powerful for big guy types but have none of the useful skills had by others, stand firm, tentacles, Thick skull etc and with a MA 3 and ag 1 can do little else but bash. All i ask is to playtest them, so far have played VERY different to Nurglings.

Flings Rule!
AcheronStyx

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2004 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I played the deadling roster last night against some virgin nurglings. Let me say 1 thing...although similar, they have an entirely different strategy than nurglings. with the zomblings not having dodge it is much more important that they stay away from the big guys than any other stunty player. the pigmys are fun, and very different from anything else there is, but i see starting with side step as a big advantage over other rosters. everything worked well, and the only thing i didn't like was the icons...the skellings and zomblings look too much alike ( but they're still better than circles with Ls in them )
Clementus

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2004 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Acheron and yeah the icons suck, will get someone to sort them out when possible. Pigmies are now lookings like losing Sidestep and gaining av 7

to be 7 2 3 7 Dodge, stunty 70K Unless someone can suggest a decent, yet preferably fun skill for them to have that isnt an agility one.

Flings Rule!
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2004 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I was going to suggest a Lustrian/Pygmy team playing up the shadowing schtick someone else had already proposed.

Pygmy Team
0-1 Kroxigor (standard Krox stats)
0-2 Skinks (standard Skink stats)
0-16 Pygmies M5 ST2 AG3 AV6 stunty, dodge, shadowing 40K

Note: I prefer simple elegant team designs, rather than throwing in tons of special rules. Remember Halflings and Goblins are supposed to be the baseline for most teams. Keeping in line with other stunty teams they probably should get a secret weapon (perhaps the salamander I was tossing around earlier) but as always, it's best to start them off weak and give them a boost if they need it.

I have several other more complex Pygmy team ideas bouncing around my head based around a totemic concept and another with little dinocritters but I think the above is more elegant in it's simplicity.

</tangent>

All this to say, is that I'd prefer a M5 shadowing pygmy to a speedy & tough stunty.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Mystery Link

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2004 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Pigmy is just the word im useing for small canibal, nothing spe4cial about the name. Might well be good to have a Lustrian side, just depends what you see as the word pigmy. but as to the tons of special rules, reckon that Deadlings have least. No BIG GUYS of proper, and only difference is raise the dead, which isnt happening at the mo.

Flings Rule!
 Jump to: