30 coaches online • Server time: 14:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
tarzom

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2004 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

A long time ago, citadel made some 'chaos goblins' I recently bought a few on ebay - lovely figures.

Got me thinking:
Why not have Chaos Goblins in BB (probably for stunty leeg only)?

Same stats as a normal goblin team, except they have access to Mutations as well as Agility.
To make them slightly differnet to the normal gobbos - how about:
1 troll and 1 fanatic instead of 2 trolls? Or
1 chaos troll and 1 chaos orc (lineman) both with access to mutations.

It'd be nice if mutations were random rather than chosen (to lessen the advantage) - but I dont know if this would cause too much programming work?

What dya reckon?

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2004 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

bit like the chaos flings then,
I agree with the chaos troll idea(one of those)
why not a chaos warrior aswell(just a quick idea) Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2004 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Chaos Warriors would become very powerful in stunty I think.. very good goalscorers, since they would be hard to stop for most stunty teams?? But ok.. with only one big guy, the opponent could use his extra BG's to stop him.. dunno, give it a go!
Clementus

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2004 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Not a bad idea, its just that Chaos Goblins arent that disimilar to normal Goblins, both Chaotic, and i guess people will notice that Chaos Pact teams include Gobbos. The idea with flings is that the flings have been "Mutated"/Converted to Chaos.

Still dont mind it though, I do think Chaos Warriors too good. Just Two trolls might be best idea, seeing as most gobbos sides have two ogres or a mix. and the gobbos would prob cost 60K each, rather than 40K as mutations are darn nice. so not just the +10K like on flings as gobbos can use em better, moving further surviving etc.

Flings Rule!
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2004 - 04:37 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want chaos goblins you might consider going with

0-2 Chaos Warriors
More reliable than BG's and can score however lower ST than BG's
0-1 Fanatic
Useful to keep the opponents back
0-2 Weapon Goblins (either Daggers or Pogos for a bit of fun)
0-16 Chaos Goblins

all have access to PH's and only the Warriors have G,ST access everyone else A

Careful though with no TTM you have to walk the ball down the pitch
slackman

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2004 - 05:29 Reply with quote Back to top

hmmm.... maybe
0-2 chaos warriors
0-1 chainsaw
0-16 chaos goblins at 60k
and rrs at 70k
RIPNE1

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2004 - 07:13 Reply with quote Back to top

if you can play a goblin team with access to mutations. what point is there in playing a normal goblin team?
poi66

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2004 - 08:19 Reply with quote Back to top

TTM
Matt_wyeth

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2004 - 09:06 Reply with quote Back to top

that team would be sortive like skinks i like slackmans list best of all, too bad there isn't a way to randomize a few muntants so that way you can start off with a very choatic team like maybe 0-4 random gobbo muntants for say 70k.
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2004 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

RIPNE1 wrote:
if you can play a goblin team with access to mutations. what point is there in playing a normal goblin team?

Exactly the type of question people should be asking before designing new rosters. Does this team add anything new to stunty?

This team would have been interesting if stunty didn't already have Chaos Halflings and Nurglings. If they have TTTM, they replicate the Chaos Halflings too much. If they don't, they replicate the Nurglings. If they have Chaos Warriors, they break a fundamental rule of Stunty (Stunty is about BGs and stuntys).

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
The Corporation

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2004 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

RIPNE1 wrote:

In that case whats the point of playing normal halflings?

EvolveToAnarchism wrote:

Exactly the type of question people should be asking before designing new rosters. Does this team add anything new to stunty?

This team would have been interesting if stunty didn't already have Chaos Halflings and Nurglings. If they have TTTM, they replicate the Chaos Halflings too much. If they don't, they replicate the Nurglings. If they have Chaos Warriors, they break a fundamental rule of Stunty (Stunty is about BGs and stuntys).

In response to both:
1. I suggested a chaos goblin team cause I like goblins and mutants and saw the chance for a beautiful union.
2. I think chaos goblins make more sense than chaos halflings fluff wise.
3. Why the hell not? More teams = more fun? (I wasn't trying to be radical, just add variety) Wink

note: I wouldnt put chaos warriors in the team, simply because they'd be too powerful. 1 troll and 1 fanatic would make them technically weaker than cflings but still strong enough to be fun.
Possibly a mix of goblins and chaos goblins would make sense?
Squigs would be nice too (if they ever get approved)

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2004 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

There is already a Chaos Goblin team, they are called Goblins :/
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2004 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Buy the Way Evo its not entirely true that CW's would break the rules of stunty as skinks have Sauri (which are not BG's) so this team would actually be relatively unique in stunty its true but it would be fun and the lack of a TTM game always makes things interesting (this is of course my roster that im talking about)
 Jump to: