20 coaches online • Server time: 02:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rennigeb

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2004 - 05:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm starting a tournament with a slight difference. Coaches create Ogre teams but instead of the focus being on winning games, victory is gained by causing the most casualties. Thus we have a competition of two ogre teams trying to bash the crap out of each other. TDs can be scored as a method to call 'time out' and allow KO'd players back on the field.

Two main rules:
1)When creating a team, fill your team up to 11 with goblins, and once accepted retire the goblins (not to coaches).
2)If all the opposition is KO'd or injured then the standing must seek a TD ASAP. This gives the scoring team a reward of the spps while allowing the game to continue.

The turnover for each round will be once a week, ending Wednesday, with failure to arrange your game resulting in mutual forfiet (unless it has been announced that a delay will occur).

Points will be given thus:
Causing the most casualties 4 points
Causing at least one casualty but equal to the opponent 2 points
Causing at least one casualty but less than opponent 1 point
Causing no casualties 0 points

Post here if you are interested in joining. I'll start once there are 6 teams. If more then I'll start groups of 6 with finals between top 2 teams of each group being played.

I've likely forgotten something, so stay tuned to this thread.
AcheronStyx

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2004 - 05:36 Reply with quote Back to top

um, 1 big problem here...you can only have 6 goblins on an ogre team....don't know if you saw this little detail
Rennigeb

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2004 - 07:15 Reply with quote Back to top

fill the team UP to 11 players (otherwise the team will not get processed)
ie 5 ogres + 6 goblins / 6 ogres + 5 goblins / 7 ogres + 4 goblins
GreenHulk

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2004 - 08:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Um.. your intent is not really clear here. Maybe you could clarify? What type of team are you trying to create here? An all Ogre team?

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2004 - 09:51 Reply with quote Back to top

All teams must be Ogre teams (Div X team) consisting of ONLY ogres. Now when you create a team you need a minimum of 11 players to make it a valid team, thus you have goblin players to fill up the numbers. These goblins, once the team is approved, is to be retired/ fired (and no taking the option to make the goblins into coaches).

Thus you end up with an all ogre team, who will band together to try and beat the crap out of other ogre teams in the tournament.
m0nty

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2004 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Yay, that should be fun, a dice-rolling contest to see who can avoid rolling 1 and beat AV8 with identical teams. That should be a whole barrel of laughs, if your idea of frivolity is Russian Roulette.
Rennigeb

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2004 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Well so much for trying to create a different focus to a game. Something novel.
calon

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2004 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Twisted Evil
Jugular

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2004 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

m0nty after some skills are gained then it'll be more interesting but until then it will be a bit stale.
Renegade

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2004 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Yay, that should be fun, a dice-rolling contest to see who can avoid rolling 1 and beat AV8 with identical teams. That should be a whole barrel of laughs, if your idea of frivolity is Russian Roulette.

I think its a splendid idea! May the fattest meanest ogres win!

Do we have to give them wrestling style names? I think it'd add to the entertainment. Maybe we could run a column in the GLN?
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2004 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Renni,

Don't listen to the doubters... if people want to play, they'll play.....

How is the "draw" going to work? Open Round Robin? Knock Out??
Rennigeb

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2004 - 02:20 Reply with quote Back to top

The plan is to run a round robin with a game per week. Games, I expect, will be very quick in comparison to normal matches, so hopefully people will find a common time to play. Groups will be of 6 teams, with top 2 teams of each group (or top team if numerous groups) play off for championship. Groups will be rearranged each new season so that you'll not be playing the same teams repeatedly.
Another idea I have (to start in the 2nd season) is to hold a simultaneous knock-out cup. Each round of the knock-out cup you can challenge another team in the comp to advance to the next round. This way you get to play against your friends that may also be playing. If after a period of time (likely a few days) your team has not been matched up, then it will be randomly matched. In the first round the top placed teams of each group will have byes such that the number of teams after round 1 is a power of 2.

As for the theme, wrestling style names would be great. I've already created a team (Testerone Overdose) with names that any Ogre would be ashamed of being beaten by (eg Tiddles).
 Jump to: