34 coaches online • Server time: 11:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Deathdarkstar

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2006 - 08:24 Reply with quote Back to top

The Island Times West Coast League is proud to announce their first tournament as a public league - Humanity Bowl '06.

"We are not the fastest, not the most agile, not the toughest, and not the strongest, but we're Human, and thats gotta count for something!"

We are starting off small, with 125 and lower starting TR maximum, of all Human teams (Human, Norse, Amazon, Vampire).

No wizards, and a limt of 2 DP's per team. Teams are of course unranked, and can not play any outside games until they have been eliminated.

All teams in this tournament MUST join the Island Times West Coast League, which is now public and recruiting more teams. Apply at the following link:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=3665

All applying teams will be considered, but this league is designed for those players that play in the evening in the Pacific Time Zone of North America, so any team from that area will get preference.

All applying teams will be screened by the panel of founding league members. We are looking to expand, so our standards are easy to meet.

Use this forum to let me know if you want to apply, or to taunt your opponent, or just shoot yer mouth off regarding the difficulties of playing in this time zone.

We want to go with 8 teams, and we want to start on Nov 2nd, so lets get those teams in!
Deathdarkstar

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2006 - 08:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, not al lot of action on this forum.

We have 4 teams now set for the tournament, with 2 more coming for sure. We are looking for 2 more coaches who are committed to playing during the North American West Coast Evenings to fill us up 2 eight teams. This would allow us to run a standard eight team knock out tourney.

If no one else enters, then I may be forced to allow Plorg in, and no one wants that!
Deathdarkstar

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2006 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the idea of posting the teams here has not caught on, but we have had some interest, and have 4 teams committed so far:

Dread's Crusaders MDL1972 100/102 Human
Dragons Blood Cult DragonsMaw 125/114 Vampire
Scandinavian Scoundrels Fred99 106/96 Norse
Liquid Tip hailnurgle 119/113 Human

2 more teams to come from kingbee, and myself.

Looking for 2 more teams to give us 8 to run a KO tourny
Deathdarkstar

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2006 - 07:03 Reply with quote Back to top

One more coach needed, we have 7 and we need 8.

Humans, Norse, Amazon, and Vampire, TR 125 or less. KO Tourney and bragging rights as the winner of the first Island Times West Coast League open tournament as a public group!

We start Nov. 2nd
DragonsMaw

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2006 - 07:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Someone had to talk besides Deathdarkstar. Anyone bored enough to read this, you should join, I'm pretty much a pushover win, so you'll get ONE good game out of it.

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2006 - 08:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you DrangonsMaw! Starting to feel like I was talking to myself
Whitesun

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2006 - 08:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Sign me up! If there's still a slot left, that is. Prob enter an Amazon team, working on getting it up now. cheers
Deathdarkstar

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2006 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Down to the final four teams for the Humanity Bowl. The only big surprise has been coach runreallyfast, a new coach to our league. Not surprising is the fact that he beat my team.

Joining runsreallyfast in the final four is plorg (no surpirse, though he is new to our league), kingbee (who is the usual winner of our tournaments), and hailnurgle(who usually loses to kingbee in the finals!).

My pick to win will be kingbee, as he has won every other tournament we have run. hailnurgle has an outside chance at about 3:1 odds, and plorg is a bit of a mystery as none of us have actually played him before. I give him 4:1 odds.

*** Update ****

runsreallyfast has been defeated by hailnurgle in the first quarterfinal!. He is now waiting to face the winner of plorg and kingbee, to play for the championship!

Drop in to our group page to have a quick look at the matchups and let us know what you think.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=3665

Our upcoming tournaments are startng to take shape. If you play in what is the Pacific Time Zone evenings, please feel free to join, as we hope to have these tournaments grow larger.
Rabid_Bogscum

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2006 - 02:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a hippy bowl to me... we teach each other compassion, peace and humanity to all peoples no matter their race or creed.... Bah Smile Go back to your hemp farms you Vegan B*&^ards Smile

(This is a joke by the way)

Proud Member of the SWL
Deathdarkstar

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2006 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

No No, Our Elf Bowl tournament is more like the Hippy Bowl. For some reason the "High" Elves always win.

Check out the casalities in some of those games, no peace there. Plus plorg was in the tournament so there was no compassion either!

Bloodbowl itself is a running joke. No point getting angry when your guys die or are dismembered. No need to get angry at funny postings either, at least someone is reading these and feels they need to share a comment. We play this game because it is funny, but its much funnier when bad stuff happens to the other guy!
Deathdarkstar

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2006 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations to Osti Opportunists, coached by kingbee, for winning the first ever Humanity Bowl! This concludes this rounds run of Humanity Bowl, look for it again in 6 months!
 Jump to: