36 coaches online • Server time: 13:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2004 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll admit I haven't played as fairies, but after just winning a game agains tthem by concession, I was thinking they could use a little tweak...

Since they get 3 Treemen, the odds of them not having a BG at the start of a game are 1/8. Without a Treeman and ST 1 all around, it would be extremely hard to win, IMO.

Anyway, my suggestion is change the roster to 0-2 Trees and 0-1 Krox. That way they always have at least one BG, and Kroxs like Trees are "good" BGs.
SparkingConduit

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2004 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I totally agree with you. Whoever decided to make the fairy team did not consider the particular strengths and weaknesses of the team well at all. I played my uncle, who had a fairy team, and I almost killed half his team, while I wounded the rest. At the end, only two brownies had not fallen victim to my wrath (I even managed to BH a treeman). The obvious solution to this problem is to either a) use your solution, or b) allow only "pure" Blood Bowl teams in FUMBBL. This way, since the teams were created equally and with great attention paid to the little details, their would be nproblems for people not looking to have their team slaughtered.

SparkingConduit

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2004 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

"No" problems, figures. Smile

passengerpigeon

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2004 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

fairies could get three kroxes and in my opinion it still wouldn't help. (well prehensile tail might help. maybe it's better to say they could get three ogres and still it wouldn't help.) even with all three treemen on the field, it's a snotling team, that doesn't dodge as well as a snotling team, that doesn't regenerate like a snotling team, that costs more than a snotling team, that has big guys that are a little stronger than trolls but notably less likely to get back up off the ground. the players in the dead and injured box have a few more skills, that's all. the team needs a redesign to be realistically competitive.

--p
Clementus

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2004 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Take a look, not all fairies do that badly, but yeah a minor tweak is probably needed.

Flings Rule!
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2004 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

No it is not a snotling team. Not by far. Fairies have a speed equal to that of skinks, and jump up is way way useful. You just have play to what is the strength of the team - stay away from heavy blocking and score as much TDs as you can. Appart from that, three trees can cause a lot of damage as well.

Anyone joining stunty leeg should be aware that stunty means a lot of cassualties, so yes, your team can be ruined in any game.

-Mnemon
MixX

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2004 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

also, if you don't feel like playing against or with potentially unbalanced teams, stay away from Stunty Leeg =)

(I did, for a long, long time..)
Traitor

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2004 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Give leprechauns chainsaws, because you know you want to see little green men with irish accents tear into people with power tools!

Failing that, I'll just give some goblin cheaters irish names...
 Jump to: