49 coaches online • Server time: 15:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Grod

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2004 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I know this is unlikely to make the grade for a new stunty leeg team but I will suggest away anyway and let myself be shot down in flames... This suggestion does go around the usual bloodbowl rules a bit for skills, so it may not even be possible to code.

Team Name: Ickies

Bio:

Deep beneath the mountains of the old world, below even the subterranean caves that cross under volcanic flows life has developed along a different path. Life here has been forced by evolution to be largely formless in shape to withstand the tough pressures and high temperatures of the underworld. Some of these deep dwellers began to develop rudimentary intelligence aeons ago, and have been spreading upwards since time immemorial. Recently a group of ickies, made up of Icky Lumps and Lurking Grues found their way into a subterranean cave that led to the surface. Imagine the surprise of the ickies when they emerged only to witness ... a bloodbowl game.

These initial creatures brought back the strange visions and word spread throughout the underworld. And sure enough, groups of ickies came back, with their own teams, to challenge the overworld at ... Bloodbowl!

The team:

0-16 Icky Lumps 5 2 3 5
Skills: dodge, stunty, regenerate
Progress: Physical traits only
Cost: 40k

0-3 Lurking Grue 4 5 2 8
Skills: might blow, bonehead, regenerate, throw team mate, big guy
Progress: General, physical traits
Cost: 140k

No apothecary allowed as traditional medicine is irrelevant for these creatures.

Points to note: My suggestion is that these players have access to physical skills on normal rolls, and even get access to racial characteristics on doubles. This makes them very different from any other team to be played.

Points about the icky lumps and lurking grues:

While ickies are formless creatures, having developed intelligence they worked out how to shape their bodies at will. When they reached the surface they were able to contort their bodies to resemble surrounding creatures, thus the progress of ickies being able to develop tentacles, arms etc.

Also while ickies are formless, they can instantly form arms to punch, open their bodies into odd shapes to catch and pass, and roll around to move etc etc.

For good pictures I was thinking of the old mac game Mission Thunderbolt.
Chickenbrain

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2004 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

So all of them will go with CLAW / RSC after two skills?

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2004 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

well they can but they are also very easy to kill.

Besides which they wont develop skills very fast anyway

Oscar Wilde
Chickenbrain

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2004 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

No stunty does. And all stunties are easy to kill. Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2004 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Well when I made the suggestion I was thinking about more interesting skills like icky lumps with two heads, extra arms, long legs, tentacles.

Maybe reduce the big guy quota to 2 and replace the physical traits upgrade with strenght for the big guys also.

Also perhaps increase the icky lump costs if they are too powerful. Anyway I was just trying to suggest something a bit different.
Wol

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2004 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know very well the stunty teams, but has any other team his linethings with an AV 5 ?
This is very very low, you have 26/36 (72 %) chance to break the armor.
Add to this the +1 to injury and you have a team that gets wiped out pretty quickly.

But you might also want to modify the way the Physical traits work for those guys (yeah, this would mean it would be even more difficult ot take into account here) :
considering they are made of goo, you can say it's difficult for them to create any sharp object, so Claw, RSC would still be available on on doubles, for instance.
Wol

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2004 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

After a bit of checking, you only have the snots that have mostof their teams with AV5.
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2004 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, what about dropping Regen as a starting skill?

That way there will be a viable option to choose right off other then claw/rsc - namely regen.

This would be a high kill/inj inflicting team still - but without an apoth or regen to start it would take alot of kills/inj back...
Chickenbrain

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2004 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there any chance to get regen later?

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2004 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Chickenbrain wrote:
Is there any chance to get regen later?

nope not atm. we need an admin to change code especially for this.
IMHO: I dont like this team.

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2004 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Barash wrote:

nope not atm. we need an admin to change code especially for this.

Wanna bet that wont happen, also access to physicals on normal rolls: wont happen. Which arent really so important points cause whole idea of getting physicals is stupid. As stupid as getting traits on normal skill rolls are. There is reason for many of physicals beein so hard to get.

There is one good thing in this roster, it is atleast different, but so would all BG team in stunty be too...
 Jump to: