36 coaches online • Server time: 15:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2004 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

As a well respected and well liked member of this site Cusi will be missed... i didnt know him personally it would be nice if Fumbbl dedicated a part of the site to his memory. Personally i think there should be a tournament held in his honour... other folks may have better ideas than little humble me so please use this thread to suggest what we could do or even just talk about the man himself...
Chickenbrain

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2004 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Tourney sounds good in my ears.

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2004 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

an annual Cusibowl??
grep-v

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2004 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

With over 2000 coaches it's natural that there is the joy of children to be born and the tragedy of coaches to pass away. Perhaps a small place on the site should be a "Hall of Remembrance" without BB fluff, to help us keep in mind that BB is just a little game but what really counts are the people we play with.

ciao
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2004 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps, if he was as devoted to the stunty-format as I remember him to be (I might be wrong though), the stunty-cup could be renamed into "cusi cup" or "cusi-memorial-cup"?
Tor_AlKir

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2004 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I concur with Grep-V whole-heartedly, that was very well put. It would go well with a memorial tournament or cup so that new coaches actually can visit and see why we dedicated a tourney in Cusi's honor.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2004 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Here Here!
McCloud

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2004 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

All I can say is that he was the 1st to step up and offer to play newbies.
I played my very first game against his Piece of Dwarf team, with my Orcadians.
I lost 0-1, but he gave me many words of encouragement.
I think both ideas should be looked into. I just don't want people to forget who the first person to help them was, EVER!!!!
Mordachai

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2004 - 01:43 Reply with quote Back to top

How about a Cusi-award... to be given out to coaches that are helpful and friendly to newbies. Reaching the standards of Cusi may be nigh impossible, but I say we should strive for it never the less.

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2004 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

yep... Grep-V.

BB is no fun unless you're playing someone nice, #fumbbl chat sux without someone funny (maybe armed with a registered Halibut).
A tournament sounds great, yes, but we must erect something outside the game itself, especially since he was such a great driver of the community aspect as well.
Much better to have a community built around a game, than a bunch of people playing a game.
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 03:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I really like the idea of something "off the game" as well. I have been playing Blood bowl since they invented blocking dice but am only new to FUMBBL...but already I find myself more interested in reading forums, scouting teams, watching replays...hanging with the 'bowlers as it were. This is a great community and i tip my helmet to those who have built such a beautiful world of play and fun. To Cusi! To Life!! To Fun!!!

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 04:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I definitely agree with the idea of some sort of memorial here, he earned it. Cusi was one of the first people I played here. Our first game took hours because we ended up chatting a lot more than playing. I'd been playing for years by that point, so instead of his helping out the newbie he had originally intended, we ended up talking music, geography, school, lots of things.
We played numerous times, mostly the Ultier teams and my Skulltakers. A bunch of those 60-odd games are his, a lot of them losses on my part. But it was never really about winning or losing so much as having fun and being among friends. For just that reason, I don't think a tournament is the way to go on something to remember. It just has the wrong spirit to it.
But a hall of remembrance, a sort of hall of fame of our own, topped by that sicky green smoking smiley, that suits.
Mully

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 04:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I also agree with the last few posts. Cusi was about much more than bloodbowl. I will always think of "Cusi_Settlers" when his name is mentioned. He also tried to get a group of us into Axis & Allies through the internet. Anything to spark interest among friends.

In fact most of the time we just chatted, cause Cusi was usually "taking a break" from blood bowl. So rather then honor him with a tourney that gets played once a year, I'd rather see some type of permanent rememberance. Maybe his picture up on the FUMBBL home page or something like that. Seeing his face every day would remind me the site is more about the people than the game.

Mully

Jump to: