36 coaches online • Server time: 01:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Vampflings to stunty
yes
32%
 32%  [ 38 ]
no
33%
 33%  [ 39 ]
I dont care
11%
 11%  [ 14 ]
still needs changin
15%
 15%  [ 18 ]
I hate stunty leeg!
7%
 7%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 118

asperon

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2003 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Whatever happended to the Vamplings?

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2003 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Hey, here's an idea... let's get all the normal teams, give their players -1MV, -1ST, -1AV, and add -flings to the end of their names...

Halflingflings?
cataphract

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2003 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah. looking forward to getting my orcflings out there...

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2003 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Aren't goblins orc flings?

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2003 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

that kinda was the joke...

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2003 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Razor sharp claws seems inappropriate in fluff and gameplay.

Why? Apart from a love of cheese?

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2003 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Twahn wrote:
psikobunny wrote:
I think people should play and and enjoy the rosters we have for a month or two instead of trying to add a new one every week. There are so many teams out there now with only one or two games, and people dont need more rosters to choose from. If we like Stunty let's play stunty instead of just tinkering with it.

Hey, here's an idea... let's get all the normal teams, give their players -1MV, -1ST, -1AV, and add -flings to the end of their names... Razz

Ooh! Ooh!

Ogre-flings for me, please. Smile

Don't forget to make them stunty...

/Johan
Clementus

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2003 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Still not being helpful people, decent posts or leave it for chat, between you and friends who want to slag off the latest ideas. It might well be fun/funny but its better not to clog up the forum with them!

Flings Rule!
dinaturz

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2003 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the EvolveToAnarchism's analisys.

Actually he inspired me to give a try and play some match with this roster... Smile

marco

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2003 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Aye evos the pro at this. If you need any advice on sorting a team out ask him.

;-P Shoves the buck to Evo.

Flings Rule!
vigil

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2003 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I still don't see why fangs are necessary for this team. If you want to give them some bite (I'm so funny) then I think Evo's infect suggestion is much more appropriate. A doubles-only physical skill, to say nothing of access to block, tackle and mighty blow with the same players who can rack up TDs with ease makes them just to powerful for the stunty league. Too powerful for anywhere really.
Traitor

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2003 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Since alot of people are obviously very negative to the idea of razor sharp fangs, perhaps you should consider an option. While the fangs aren't that devastating in themselves(big guys with str 5 can smash stunties just as effectively), they exist only to kill opposing players. It doesn't make it easier to block. It doesn't improve your defences. All it does is help you turn damage you do to your opponents more serious. Stunties break fairly easily as it is, and while some losses are expected, its never fun to have half your team killed in one game. Ok, somtimes it is, but its not most peoples idea of a good game of blood bowl.
Neither does the razor sharp fangs make much sense. It adds nothing to the feel for the team, like some secret weapons do. A demented goblin with a chainsaw goes with the image of goblins. A tiny vampire that suddenly bites harder because he's small just feels wrong. While I do see the need for something to make up for the lack of big guys, I see no purpose with rsf. The impression I get is that it's not there because it was needed, it's there because someone thought rsf was cool, and then made up a reason to put it in.
I dont know how much rsf messes things up, or how much it would hurt the team to remove it. But the fact that so many people are violently opposed to it means that as long as it's in, the team will have alot of opponents. Perhaps there is some other way to make up for the lack of weapons and big guys, that will not bring down the (un)holy wrath of a large group of players?
Im not saying it has to be done, but perhaps you should ask what is more important: keeping rsf, or getting vamplings put in the game. Because like it or not, rsf (or the reactions people are having to it) is probably going to be something standing in the way of that happening.

Oh, and I loved the whole strigoi theme, its great! But then the whole theme should try to reflect that theme. Otherwise it's still just another excuse to have everyone's favorite/most hated maiming skill.
cataphract

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2003 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I like evo's suggestions, that would make a fun team... but I don't like Vamplings as a name (the ling denoting little indeed) I think Vampets... like you know a helmet is a little helm, a cigarrette is a little cigar a muppet is a little mup!

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2003 - 01:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sorry if i'm in a minority here, but I like the razor sharp fangs. The image of stunty vampires made by degenerate strigoi with massive over sized fangs is very funny and helps to give the team some character. As far as being afraid of taking to many casulties in stunty that kind of dodgy wuss behavior should be left in open. Stunty exists for people who are tired of all the bitching and just want to have fun playing the game. The razor fangs are needed to give the little guys a chance of causing enough cas to stay in the game, between your oponents big boys, secret weapons and your own vampires killing your thralls you need something. Five guys with razor fangs are nothing compared to the hell that chaos flings and snotlings can unleash on your team. So in my opinion the team evo posted looks both balanced and fun.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Been tossing around a idea for a while, to avoid all this -ling stuff (ie, just making stunty versions of normal teams),
enter
The Critters

I wanted a team that uses OFAB, since the vamplings seems to never happen this was a good oppertunity. A whole team with OFAB and Thrall would ensure a nice mayhem factor (perhaps a bit to nice, more about that later). So, this is my proposed statsline:

Critter 6 2 3 7 Stunty, Dodge, OFAB, Thrall, Pro, Horns

Horns, means that they can always blitz with 2db against the rest of the stunty teams, on the other hand they dont have any bigguys or secret weapons. To strong/weak?
Pro, to offset the OFAB a bit. This means it will happen 1/9 instead of 1/6, on the other hand it gives each player 0.5 RR each turn. To strong/weak?

RR 90k (they need to be expensive as they all have access to pro, perhaps it should be even more?) To strong/weak?
Skill access A (no players that have access to SG skills, will limit their use) To strong/weak?

Ok, is this a good idea? Comments/Suggestions are welcome.