34 coaches online • Server time: 11:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Jump up on a tree?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Cantis

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm new to online blood bowl, but I seem to be losing fan factor far to often. I am missing something new to online?

Last game I won the game, scored 3TDs and caused 3 casualties and still lost fan factor. Is this right?!
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

if you roll a 1 then yes, just like it will go up when you roll a 6 and you lose and don't score and cas or td

its all in the rulebook
Cantis

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, I'm blind... Found it.. Guess we've been playing house rules far to long that we just skim the LRB when we think we know the rules
Haska

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

damn 1's ruin everyones day
Daevorn

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

it's just a matter of luck.
personally i have BAD luck: despite having good record on my two active teams (mostly wins), my FF doesn't go up: in the last 3 matches i've played, i rolled FF with a +2 bonus but ended two times losing one point. And this happens quite often to me.
In my opinion this rule isn't the best: it should be changed so that the winning team can't lose FF (only gain one point or stays the same), and the losing team can't increase it (only lose or stays the same).
Just a quick thought. Maybe there are flaws.
Winter_Silverfox

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the losing team can play an awsome match and real public friendly, so I think that both team shall have the chance to raise thier FF
Unxerxes

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

and the winning team might have won through such foul tactics that the fans can't tolerate and thus lose FF... Alhough a 1 in 6 chance of losing FF is a bit high in my opinion... maybe a double 1 required to lose FF if you win the game and a double 6 required to gain FF if you lose?

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah, I like the system the way it is.

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2004 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

the whole game is based on luck, itd be kinda pointless to change that. In reality you may have played a dull game that the crowd didnt like and some of them left or ate each other.
Daevorn

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah. but still this is the 4th match in a row that i play, where i roll 1 on my FF. Also consider that those 4 matches were ALL won, so my modifiers where ranging from +1 to +3, and still i lost 4 points of FF. It's annoying...one more point and my team is half ruined.
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

hold on while i cry you a river

you could have also lost all 4 and rolled a 6 it all evens out in the long run, its happened to everyone at some point and if it hasn't then it soon will
Severian

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

We could also gripe about the MVP selection being totally random. Plus I'm sure there are countless other gripes. The important things are

1) you learn the rules and learn to work within them, and
2) the rules apply equally to everyone

Granted this game is meant to be somewhat like a sim, but it's a tabletop game and its complexity was not developed to account for a computer's ability to track all of the small details. I think madden 2004's sim mode does something like this if that's more your bag.
 Jump to: