49 coaches online • Server time: 17:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PeteW

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2007 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello everyone.

I conceded my WO game this evening because I realised that my 'glories' at BB had become more important to me than my relationship with my wife and with my God. Hence I have have deleted all my teams and will be taking a break from playing. I'll still be around on irc and on forums though so you won't miss me!

I would like to say that the reason I conceded was not in the end the length of time my opponent was taking and I don't want anyone to blame him for what happened. The game was just the point where I realised that I should be downstairs with my wife instead of on the PC playing a game that in the grand scheme of things won;t gain me anything. Also, I think turn limits would be a shame. We were both taking 4 or 5 minute turns and so my oppo was no more at fault than me for slow play. Turn limits would make it a different game imo, but that is not what I want to say here.

I expect I'll be playing again in the future, but for now thinking about the game was occupying too much of my thinking time as well. I have an amazing wife who loves me very much who is 16 weeks pregnant with my first child and I think about OTS startegies and probabilities instead of ways to love her and our baby-to-come. I have a God who saved me from the wretched life I used to lead and from the judgement to come and I think about team developement instead of the glorious future he has prepared for me with Jesus. I must be mad!

Not mad, but just human. Thankfully God is patient and knows my weaknesses and has revealed to me know what my problem is and has also given me stregth to solve it! Deleting the Superheroes was easier than I expected.

Lastly, my opponent pm'd Christer offering me his WO place after I conceded because he felt guilty at what had happened. He is the true winner. He keeps his place and I wish him well in the tourney.

PeteW

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2007 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

OK...as a father I also know how you feel.

I hope all goes well with your wife and baby to be!!

Best Wishes!

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
RagingGoblin

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2007 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Can i be godfather?
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2007 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

i really hope that the stupid idiots who were whining about how long pete's game was taking had nothing to do with this....

i really hope it was just a simple rationale of wanting to ensure that real life took priority over blood bowl...

at least come to irc from time to time so i can heckle you, pete Sad

--j

ImageImage
Synn

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2007 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Pete,

Please take care of yourself and never forget you have friends here.

Sincerely,
Jason
PeteW

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2007 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
I'll still be around on irc and on forums though so you won't miss me!

Duhhh - thanks for the ncie comments guys but I'll still be here!!!!

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2007 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Balance. As a dad, hubby and all that too. You just need to find the new center.

Good Luck

Lo

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2007 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

/hurt
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2007 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Hope you find the balance that you are looking for Pete.
pac

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2007 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Just give up [R]. Very Happy
JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2007 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll miss you matey, White Isle won't be the same, who is going to kill all my best players now Smile

Hope to see you back shortly, maybe limit your self to a few games a week.

All the best,
Andrew.

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
Manbush

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2007 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations on your upcoming fatherhood and best of luck with the family:)

Patience is not only a virtue to cater to the needs of others, it is a gift that you give to yourself. Its price is that of the responsibilities expected of you for being a better man. Honour these, and you will be honoured; by yourself and those around you.

Take the best care dude, and come visit, cheer and boo anytime Smile

I put the liquor in the same bottle his and mine, and mine was at the bottom, and, sure, I was obliged to drink his to get at mine
Qaz

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2007 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

That is sad to hear. I was looking forward to our next game. Besides you should know there is only one good and his name is Nuffle.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2007 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

already PM'ed you, though i thought id write a little here too!

You are always one of the guys I look forward to seeing on the chat (usually the ones I slap!), the others being Peter_Thorpe (im too cheeky to him!), Topper28, Synn and Fama, and my old mate Mr__Wizard (I wont mention the artist formerly known as Philip1... his head is big enough as is, showing me that S5 dwarf daily!), but thats an aside really

Ive also curbed my desire to play BB, Im lmost 2 months without a game in FUMBBL, and Im in a better state of mind from it!

Please keep me informed about PeteW Jr, Im guessing after 6 months he/she will be able to beat Peter_Thorpe comfortably, and as I said before, if you do resign yourself to naming (if a boy) after Thorpe, you could do worse than "Creature from the Black Lagoon" Wink
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2007 - 01:39
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

As said before its about finding a better balance mate. Im a proud and loving father. I take care of my daughter 2-3 days a week on average. My wife still gets my attention, and i still have some me time.

You'll get there. Its no surprise the news of Fatherhood has knocked you off centre. Thats a good thing, your life should, and will, change majorly. But your God, wife and future child will also all want you to be happy and fulfilled. If gaming is part of that, then i expect you can find a better balance where you dont feel you are letting down the big people in your life. But try and always remember you are one of those people too.

And many congratulations to you and your wife. Parenthood is the single best thing i have ever done with my life. I'm sure you'll feel the same.

Last edited by PurpleChest on %b %26, %2007 - %02:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: