48 coaches online • Server time: 15:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2007 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Im going to update this thread with the final actual positions and see how I compared. I also will make more picks when we get to KO stages. This also will be the post where I link to all of the picks I make in the FWC, starting from FWC V

FWC V Picks (currently in group stages)

FWC VI Picks

Last edited by SnakeSanders on %b %06, %2007 - %01:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2007 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all... Just thought Id do a parody of plorgs Picks and see if I can pick winners from the various groups

Group A
Human
Squig Herders
Wood Elf
Chaos Dwarf

This group has 2 great coaches, in purplegoo and Mithrilpoint and two relatively new coaches. Purplegoo has lots of experience with CD and faces the Woodies in Game 1, which I feel will be the group decider. This game I think the Woodies will just sneak through but will take some damage, if they can escape unscathed they have a great chance (much like my run with WE in FWC IV). That said, the Humans may be a dark horse, I havent seen much of the coach, but in a competition where CD and WE have traditionally done poorly and Humans have done well, I wouldnt write the Humans off just yet

Robs Pick... 1st Woodies 2nd Chaos Dwarves 3rd Humans 4th Squigs

Group B
Nurgle's Rotters
Dark Elf
Ogre
Goblin

This group boasts the late bloomers of BB; DE, Nurgle and Ogre, so this may stand the teams in good stead to avoid some of the quick starters. Khaan is a coach with a good winning record with Goblins and has some cash in the bank for some stars and have what could be described as a good game for them, and there are no tacklers, so expect a good showing from the Gobs. Heinz is a quality coach, who has always done well with DE and have the durability to survive the Ogres, who in turn are unpredictable. The Rotters I expect to have a tough time, they dont have the tools to cope with the goblins (and then Ogres) and all the dodge, and possibly a bomber, and I think the Dark Elves will be in decent shape to take on them

Robs Pick... 1st Dark Elves 2nd Goblin 3rd Ogre 4th Nurgle

Group C
Lizardmen
Chaos
Skaven
Snotling

The Skaven I think have this group in the bag, they are fast out of the blocks (pun fully intended) and should have the better of the Lizards in game 1, whose coach have 2 Lizardmen games to his name (though 2 wins!). I think experience will win through. Snotlings have the power but not the pace to trouble the Chaos, but runreallyfast is a shrewd coach and can make things happen, it all depends on how the trolls perform

Robs Picks... 1st Skaven 2nd Lizards 3rd Snotlings 4th Chaos

Group D
Fairies
Halfling
Skryre's Slaves
Khemri

G_Force must be licking his lips, how he wishes he was a Dwarf coach right now! Though by the time thr group ends, his mummies should be skilled up to be a real force. I dont rate the Halfling chance, primarilty because they have to play the Khemri first, and in the other match, i predict the Skryre will win through there, the mechas will take care of the trees and the guard will take care of the stunties

Robs Pick... 1st Khemri 2nd Skryre 3rd Fairies 4th Halfling

Group E
Chaos Halfling
Dwarf
Necromantic
Amazon

A great group for the Dwarfs, who have an equally great coach. The Zons dont have to play them until Game 3 so if they can get a quick start vs the CFlings and Necros they should be OK and get the Dwwarves out of the way before the KO starts, and whitesun is no slouch! Having said that, this is a group of death, any coach can qualify, pac is an extremely skilled coach and has done very well with goblins before, waking them late into the KO stages, though i do worry for him having to play Dwarves so early, Im not so sure the Necros will be able to contain the brute force of the Amazons

Robs Pick... 1st Dwarves 2nd Amazon 3rd Necromantic 4th Chaos Halfling

Group F
Norse
High Elf
Strigoians
Elf

My own group Laughing I think the strigoians are a nasty team to face, with a S5 RSC guy, who likes AV7! I do have an apo so hopefully I can minimise Damage. The Norse should have an easy ride through this soft group, the HE chances are similar to my own, depending on how they get past the Norse... Im backing myself to get out of this group, but only just. Mainly due to playing a softer team and having a team more suited to tourney play

Robs pick... 1st Norse 2nd Elf 3rd High Elf 4th Strigs

Group G
Skink
Gnome
Nurglings
Undead

Last time round, benninstein had flings and was unlucky not to make it out of the group. This time, he has Undead, in a group dominated by stunties, which should be good fodder for the mummies to give the Undead a good chance. Of the other coaches, I will back Xenon due to his prior stunty experience

Robs Pick... 1st Undead 2nd Skink 3rd Nurglings 4th Gnome

Group H
Goblin Cheaters
Orc
Vampire
Pygmy

This really is going to be one way traffic. pythrr has won smacks and is a strong coach, and with a strong team like orcs this should be a cakewalk for him. The vampires will give him a run for his money, as their coach has played well over 100 games with them so knows what he is doing, Im not sure the stunties can cope with the experience of the other 2 races. Cheaters have always performed admirably, so I can see them pipping the Pygmies to 3rd place

Robs Pick... 1st Orc 2nd Vampire 3rd Goblin Cheaters 4th Pygmies

And thats it... thats my picks for the group stages... lets see if Im right or not!
Xenon

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2007 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Love the picks Rob... you've definitely got too much time on your hands, but that's obviously a good thing Very Happy

Already its looking like there will be some upsets to your predicitions and with Group D almost finished looks like you underated those halflings a bit (ouch they've got 2+AG's now!) Wink Also who'd have thought the Welf vs CD match would be so bloody... that could provide some upsets in that group I reckon!

Thanks for picking my skinks, but only time will tell and to be honest I think it all depends on their first match against the nurglings if they take a pasting then its probably all over. On the other hand with a reasonable result and some hopefully softened up Gnomes to play second, the last match might just be an excerise in running away from those big scary mummies! Thanks for having faith and I hope I can live up to your expectations (but with skinks I doubt it!)
Walks_in_the_Sun

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2007 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

That's it! Khemri sweep with total 6 touchdowns to 1, Halflings advance with 2 wins, fairies take third with 1 and slaves are shut out! Not so good so far, B-Rob.

So halflings advance for just the second time. How far can they go? They managed 3 touchdowns with no AG 4, and 2 with 1 AG 4 (drugs). Their success now rests on a good draw, fair dice, and damage control.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2007 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

KO scedule is as follows (better put it into the group info...)

Last 16
Winner A Runner-up B (1)
Winner C Runner-up D (2)
Winner B Runner-up A (3)
Winner D Runner-up C (4)
Winner E Runner-up F (5)
Winner G Runner-up H (6)
Winner F Runner-up E (7)
Winner H Runner-up G (8)

Quarter Finals
Winner 1 Winner 2
Winner 3 Winner 4
Winner 5 Winner 6
Winner 7 Winner 8

Semis
Winner A Winner C
Winner B Winner D
benninstein

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2007 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the confidence brownrob, but in fact I had Skaven last world cup and I made it to the quarter finals, where I faced some nasty khemri..
RealMadns

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2007 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Chaos 4th eh?

you might very well be right, but ill do my best to prove you wrong.
Thanks for giving me another goal, now even 3rd is a victory Smile
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2007 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I like your picks Rob, I'm not even listed there, and the Chaos Flings's coach is named "Pac", a weird name I don't want to be associated with!

Very Happy

ps: as the only Stunty team in my group I can just promise to wreak havoc among the normalsized lines... at the cost of my players' lives.
Can't promise much more than that, I suppose. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2007 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

a link to the group page would be cool Wink

thnx

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2007 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Group page: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2840

The Boyz
Xenon

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2007 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Well you were right Rob, two wins and the undead left to play and the Skinks are through to the group stages... Although whether they'll have any players left after the undead is another question Wink
Xenon

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2007 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Unbelievably the skinks win group G completely undefeated, so your picks were off there Rob... Got to say not in the way I expected Wink

Skink Power!
 Jump to: