28 coaches online • Server time: 02:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2004 - 06:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Currently, you can't rename players, AFAIK, primarily to stop people from giving them offensive names after having their team approved.

However, since you can give new players any name you want without it being looked at, I'm not sure that this really make the potential to rename players that much more open to abuse.

Basically, I find that I end up with a bunch of raised players on a number of my teams with names that don't fit the team theme. Admittedly not a serious problem, and yes I can retire them, or yes I can ask to have them changed...but it would be so much easier to change them myself...

Alternately, perhaps players could be renamed when they are raised? But that thought would belong in the java app ideas forum I guess.

So any potential of allowing coaches to rename their own players?
slackman

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2004 - 06:42 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, that'd be a good idea. like when you're drunk/stoned and you flubb the keys w/out noticing it. or like you said, its a pain when you raise the dead and they have to keep their original name.
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2004 - 06:56 Reply with quote Back to top

slackman wrote:
yeah, that'd be a good idea. like when you're drunk/stoned and you flubb the keys w/out noticing it. or like you said, its a pain when you raise the dead and they have to keep their original name.

Especially with a name like;

"Sphincter Shrinkage"

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=581064
AcheronStyx

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2004 - 06:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally i would also like to re-name my players, but i happen to like it when the players from other teams join my teams...then i write in their bio what team, and how many SPP they used to have. it's like a trophy
orochinagi

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2004 - 07:41 Reply with quote Back to top

i wish i had a player named "Sphincter Shrinkage"... but i guess it's not for everyone Sad
Renegade

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2004 - 03:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I think re-naming players after they have aquired a few skills and a personality is a good idea.
BloodbasherMasher

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2004 - 04:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm all for renaming players. I like to give them nicknames based on their skill increases

Jump to: