40 coaches online • Server time: 18:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How should a speed league work?
Open Round Robin (Everyone plays everyone, maybe with a little KO Cup for the once with the most points at the end)
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
Swiss (Very straight, you gotta play opponents in a certain row...
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
I just wanna play KO's. They are competetive and give me the kick everytime I go the next round. Also, if i loose i'm just out and don't need to play in this stupid format again :D
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Other Format (Stated below)
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
I don't care... I'd like to play in a Speed League but seriously, more time would be damn helpfull
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't wanna play in a Speedleague. I know i could decide, just not to vote. But you know how this is... there are all these buttons and i want to press one.
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
And this is the option for people who wanna play but don't care about the format and also wanna press buttons.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
If you are Macavity, please vote here and state what format you would prefer to play, below.
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
I think there are not enough poll options(state below)
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 17

Wreckage

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2007 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Short time ago, i created a Speed Knockout for League with 1 min turntime+ 5 mins extra time http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=10720

Now optimut stated rightfully
Optihut wrote:

It's not so much the time of the individual match, but an erratic schedule. I don't know whether I'd be around to play at all. If I am able to play, then it doesn't matter whether the match takes 20 minutes or an hour.

..that's why i was wondering what kind of league you would prefer
Laviak

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2007 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

i reckon you're best off running it within a particular time zone band ... but then .. i'm drunk, so what do i know (spell check 4 teh win!)

SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2007 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

What would be an interesting take is to designate a 3 hour timeslot to play games in per week, the Monday Night Fourball league springs to mind, i think it isnt running right now but make a poll, see which timeslot suits best, and set your ircchat up for your tournie channel, and see what you have at say 9pm-midnight BBtime, the games should be quick enough to easily run a 16 team KO, or a 4-5 team round robin
then it feels like a game night where league players all congregate to play
Webbe

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2007 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I find normal round robin most fun for all leagues, it's not always practical, but definately most fun and most fair IMO. You didn't list it in the poll, maybe you got it confused with swiss?
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2007 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Webbe wrote:
I find normal round robin most fun for all leagues, it's not always practical, but definately most fun and most fair IMO. You didn't list it in the poll, maybe you got it confused with swiss?

i thought people would vote for open round robin then... as it is nearly the same as round robin... but well...
Webbe

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2007 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Webbe wrote:

i thought people would vote for open round robin then... as it is nearly the same as round robin... but well...

Err, no, the diffrence between round robin and open round robin is vast, round robin is much more like swiss or KO than open round robin.
I've played 571 games in the [L] division, I know what I talk about.
phubar

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2007 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Open Round Robin would be best for a new league. Lets people easily find games, which helps the league build momentum.

oops... just fouled a coach all the way out of FUMBBL... (gosh)-(darn) it!
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2007 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

aww... Sad noone voted
"I don't wanna play in a Speedleague. I know i could decide, just not to vote. But you know how this is... there are all these buttons and i want to press one."

...is it that absurd, that happens?

Edit: ... my polls are often going to be as intimate to me as my pixels... i seriously care for them... even if you all complain because i added no "Round Robin" Ok... it was just one guy, but this means there is a small minority out there who thinks the same and one day they might become a loud minority and cry out because they never got their roundrobin... and then... they gonna enslave the world... and everyone has to play in a round robin ...or was that just something different?
Macavity

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2007 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

KO KO KO KO KO KO KO KO