51 coaches online • Server time: 16:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2004 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like the option to drop FF voluntarily, just like you can drop a. coaches and cheerleaders.

Why?

Just like the other two, FF raises your SR, and after a point leads to diminishing returns. So, for example, my Khemri have an FF of 20. Yes, this means I win any FF related KO (3, 11, 12) result true. However, the same would be generally true if my FF was 15.

And I most certainly don't need the cash.

So basically, my FF mostly just exists to give *both* teams more money.

Now, the LRB says nothing about removing FF...but it also says nothing about removing a. coaches and cheerleaders either. Ideally there would be an option just like the other two and you wouldn't get anything when you dropped an FF point (besides lower FF), again, just as when you drop one of the other two.
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2004 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah..I can't get my FF to rise even when I win games, and now someone is complaining of having too much FF.

buy a rr and drop it to lower your TR/SR should offset having the problem of too much FF

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2004 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

GorTeX wrote:
Bah..I can't get my FF to rise even when I win games, and now someone is complaining of having too much FF.

buy a rr and drop it to lower your TR/SR should offset having the problem of too much FF

I'm not worried at all about cash in my team's bank. Like a. coaches and cheerleaders I can easily get rid of it if I want to.

I can't do anything about FF though...and specifically FF inflates your SR.
DokMatrix

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2004 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

While I understand why you would want to be able to drop FF, it doesn't really fit in the same line with getting rid of assistant coaches or cheerleaders. You're firing assistant coaches and/or cheerleaders; but you can't fire fans. Granted, since this is a game and not reality, we can craft it to do whatever we like, but I think you see what I mean. Though I guess one could argue that dropping fan factor would be like cutting back on advertising (if one was looking for a real-world-type analogy).

After saying all of that, I'm not sure where to stand on the issue. Smile
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2004 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Just make sure you lose every game and stop blocking or trying to score after you get your first fatality or touchdown.

Oh yeah... and play against my teams a lot. Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2004 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Or just concede, then you can't even accidently get a FF. Wink

Asperon Thorn
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2004 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

What I'm saying is this...high FF gets you lots of cash. Both raise your TR. To lower your TR, use the money from the High FF to buy, then drop, a rr...intstant TR reductiion...now SR--I don't know how it figures into SR--but SR doesn't affect the handicap or anything, so why worry too much about it??

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2004 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

GorTeX wrote:
What I'm saying is this...high FF gets you lots of cash. Both raise your TR. To lower your TR, use the money from the High FF to buy, then drop, a rr...intstant TR reductiion...now SR--I don't know how it figures into SR--but SR doesn't affect the handicap or anything, so why worry too much about it??

Again, I'm not concerned about TR here...I can play around with it if need be, and I take h-rolls into account when making or accepting challenges.

SR doesn't count cash. SR does count FF. SR is what I, and the vast majority of FUMBBL coaches, use to find matchups. In this case getting a very high FF then means you are really just spotting your opponent SR points.

So as an aspect of team management you should be able to trim the fat here...just like you can with some player hogging all your SPPs, rerolls you don't need, etc.

Last edited by swilhelm73 on %b %04, %2004 - %23:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Twahn

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2004 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Using the SR of a Khemri team to find matches is like using a metal detector to find your socks. Ridiculous!

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
 Jump to: