49 coaches online • Server time: 19:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2004 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Surely if you are saying that a player in both tz can't assist then it means if he has guard he can assist twice, once for each player. Now this is obviously wrong but with your interpretation of the rules would be perfectly legal.

Ithink it is fine as it is, and also makes complete sense as it is.
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2004 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

One player can only lend one assist to a block. Multiple block is one block vs 2 players. You add the opposition players strengths together but in all other respects, the block is handled normally (as if the multiple block was not happening).

The rules are pretty clear on this, IMO. If you would be eligible to lend an assist against this opponent if this was a normal block, then you can lend an assist against this opponent if he is one of the targets of a Multiple block. However, if you would not be eligible to lend and assist against this opponent if this was normal block, then you cannot lend an assist against the opponent if he is one of the targets of a Multipe block

You don't (or shouldn't) GAIN assists because now you are blocking two players instead of one.

Am I the only one here that sees that if you let assists work differently than normal that this makes Multiple block a much better skill...bordering on almost too good.

Yes, I know it is a hard skill to use even when counting all adjacent players for assists...but I think it makes it too good of a skill if you do allow these assists.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2004 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

can you explain to me where in the LRB it says that you can only add one assist per block? It does say that you can only lend one assist per player, and if we are to interpretate the rules in this different way then it goes that the guard player can lend 2 assists, one per player. I am not saying that this rule should be used, only that if you treat the 2 players as individuals then all the other things that go with it must be taken into account.

As i have stated the rule is fine as it is, i think there are more important issues to deal with than looking at every rule in minute detail, multiblock is broken in a lot more important ways then the way assists are handled
cataphract

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2004 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

freak_in_a_frock wrote:
Surely if you are saying that a player in both tz can't assist then it means if he has guard he can assist twice, once for each player. Now this is obviously wrong but with your interpretation of the rules would be perfectly legal.

Ithink it is fine as it is, and also makes complete sense as it is.

good call!

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2004 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

never having actually had multiblock am i right in hearing that dauntless works with it?

(strokes white cat)
Interesting

XXXtreme ball with added XX
Khaan

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2004 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes Jared, but dauntless+multi isn't very safe. Usually you are looking at having to roll 7+ for the dauntless to work.

The Boyz
Emberglow

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2004 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I've heard it's a great idea to get beastman with multiblock and dauntless. that way he can blitz one or two players all by himself and still get two dice.

personally, i think dauntless/multiblock combo is overrated. if you use it on two st 3 players it is fairly easy to throw a six or less. that's a chance i don't want to make when i'm trying to prevent the opponent from scoring.
Jared

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2004 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

still i might develop it as a test case

besides 50-50 of getting 7 + on 2d6

XXXtreme ball with added XX
MixX

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2004 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

actually, the odds of getting 7+ on 2D6 are 21/36, ie better than 50%.
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2004 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Code:
Guard (Strength Skill)
A player with this skill may assist an offensive or defensive
block even if he is in another player’s tackle zone.

note that you lend the assist to the block, not against the opposing player. Since Multi-block is a single block (granted, against 2 players), a single guard will only lend one assist.
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Multiple = More then one.

Multiple block = More then one block

I am arguing semantics, but I think you are too, Gortex. And, Frock makes an excellent point.

Asperon Thorn
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Is was not a serious point that i made, just showing how each rule if we look hard enough can be bent and twisted to suit each individual as they see fit. I will say yet again i think the multi block rule is used as intended at the moment and seeing as most teams have some sort of access to it their can't be many complaints against it.
 Jump to: