21 coaches online • Server time: 01:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Majere

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2004 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it would not be fair if you get forced to retire a player of your team without geting the money back. At the time point the ogre or wight was bought it was consistent with the rules.... most teams cant afford the additional loss of one or two players.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2004 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

It is within the rules of fumbbl to keep them. Nonetheless people might decide not to play your team due to it having "grandfathered" players, which is their right to do in an open format. It is your decision if it is worth to keep the player(s) and suffer from some people dodgeing your team due to that.

-Mnemon
Unxerxes

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2004 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

IMO all rosters should be forced to comply to the same standards. I can NEVER make as good an undead team as somebody who has a roster which allows 4 wights 'cause I don't have to same development potential... Same with vamps. I say give everybody a choice: retire all now-illegal players and get your initial purchase-fee refunded (can't keep the coach Wink) or transfer the team to DivT. That way everybody has the choice to kick/keep his/her team/player(s) (albeit in a different division) and if they kick the players, they can replace em with the cash into new legal players... Equality for all Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2004 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Unxerxes,
IMO all rosters should be forced to comply to the same standards

and what about all the players which have taken PRO as normal skill before the RR2003 ? Smile
its maybe the easiest way to wait untill all "illegal" players died on the pitch
Colin

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2004 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Mnemon wrote:
Nonetheless people might decide not to play your team due to it having "grandfathered" players, which is their right to do in an open format. -Mnemon

I played 3 such grandfathered teams in a row - in my Div X Cup qualifier. I had no choice if I wanted to play them or not. As m0nty said at the time, the qualifying teams had a distict whiff of mothballs...these teams are being used in the cups because they have an unfair advantage.
AcheronStyx

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2004 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

and what about all the players which have taken PRO as normal skill before the RR2003 ?
its maybe the easiest way to wait untill all "illegal" players died on the pitch

A skill is a little different than a whole player....who cares if you have 3 pro zombies when you have 4 wights?
 Jump to: