39 coaches online • Server time: 00:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Pact/Renegades metagoto Post Raising a Thrall wit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
annachie

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2007 - 09:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Appologies for not e-ailing Lav. I literally stole 30 secs to pm Goose while Harley was throwing a several hour long tantrum. (Too much sugar over the weekend no doubt)
annachie

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2007 - 03:01 Reply with quote Back to top

You know OZ, next time you're down in Melbourne you're going to have to host a hot-dog night. lol
Laviak

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2007 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Round 4 - Lav's going to euc bowl!

• Premier
    Clean Slate - Good work guys - had me worried when I saw on Friday that none of the matches had been played!
  • Snakefield Memorial Conference
    Nalavara forfeits to Dravaal - thanks for the email Dravaal
  • Southside Stone Smashers Conference
    Clean Slate - good work again SSS
  • Snorriheim Conference
    ozjesting and Sparticus have an extension - thanks for the email oz
  • Commissioner Twahn Memorial Regional
    Clean Slate - Nearly a round ahead - keep up the good work!
  • Mr Whippy's Emporium Regional
    nonchalance and kiwi have an extension - thanks for the emails guys - forfeit will go to kiwi if the match isn't played.
  • Blax Landric Regional
    GooseIAm and DaemonicLazoth have an extension - thanks for the email DL

As some of may already have noticed, DM has retired his team, and dropped from the league. More than a little disappointing. His remaining matches will be forfeited.

ozjesting

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2007 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

annachie wrote:
You know OZ, next time you're down in Melbourne you're going to have to host a hot-dog night. lol

Oh MAN...I can't believe ANYONE saw that! I thought it was only a Sydney show too! Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2007 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

We have lost a player. Once again the catalyst seems to be the very epitome of what drives our great game; Dice. Once again the whipping boy of “luck” has come under fire and been found wanting. This is not a discussion of what luck is, what it should or could be, or even a defense. Luck is simply what it is…and what it is, when it comes to Blood Bowl, is EVERYTHING!

I can’t tell you how many internal tears of frustration I have shed when the little cubes of fate have not shown me the pips thru the path I so tactically planned. By the same token I can’t tell you how many times my internal joy meter has gone off the chart as the unlikeliest of rolled bones have rewarded the most retarded of choices! I do know this though…Blood Bowl IS dice. It is ONLY dice. It is NOTHING BUT DICE!!!

I can’t make that any clearer. If you fear them than get the fuck out! If you can’t stare a GFI on turn 16 in the eye and pick up the rock one more time than get the fuck out! If you shiver down deep every time you have to gather the blocks in your palms than GET THE FUCK OUT!

The ONLY tip that EVERY Blood Bowl player ever need remember is “Make the other guy roll more dice.” It is, and has always been, that simple. It is not a recipe for constant success…but the mathematical amongst you know what I am talking about. You can’t fail an action if you don’t roll the dice! So we make the opponent roll… It is why we put lineman into harms way with a TZ on a player. It is why we bust a gut to get as many players as we can around a dropped ball. It is why we spread the defense.

Than we do what we can to maximize OUR chances when WE roll! It is why we move up assists. It is why we take Guard. It is why we get as many players as we can around a prone player EVEN when a DP is about to go to work. It is why we GFI to make a Short Pass into a Quick one. It is why we take the Kick skill. It is why we ALWAYS take the Block skill!

This game IS dice. Bad rolls cause trouble and good rolls win games. It is as it as ever been and will always be. So don’t come whinnying to me when you rolled double skulls on your 1st block…we all have! Don’t be getting out a dice rape kit just because the 12th roll of your turn was a 2. Don’t fool yourself into thinking that if only the dice had gone different than you would have won because that way lies madness! I will tell you one thing though; they WON’T even have a CHANCE to be different if you are too chicken shit to even pick them up again!

This is a GAME! The FUN comes from PLAYING not from WINNING! The FUN is the person opposite you and all the crazy things that are about to happen when you ROLL THE DICE!

So go ahead and quit if you can’t find the fun. If the only thing you can accept in this game is the 3+ then this isn’t the game for you. If the skull makes you cry than this is not the game for you. If you think that games are only LOST and never WON by your opponent than this game is NOT FOR YOU!

I am not suggesting for a moment that you can’t be annoyed that the pips didn’t front for you. But you know what I do after I roll double skulls? I say “FUCK!”… than on my next turn I stand my guy up and put him in a Tackle Zone. I scramble back in defense. I will do everything on my turn to ensure that YOU have to roll again.
And you know what I do when you roll the HOT dice? I say “FUCK!”…and than I get numbers behind the ball, I run pressure into the backfield; I dodge thru zones to get one more modifier into place. I make you roll.

Then you know what I do???

I reach over and…ROLL THE DICE!

THAT is what I do! Cause I am not afraid to fail…I am not afraid to roll the 2d against, I am not afraid to throw the Long Pass, I am not afraid to GFI twice to score…I AM NOT AFRAID of a pair of cubes and what they might say about the game! The dice do not define me…they only define the game…and the game is FUN!

Those of you that can’t handle it can just

LUCK OFF!

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2007 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah!

and don't start me on those Dice God Believers either!
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2007 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

All Euc Bowlers....if you are interested in a Werewolf game as a little warm up to the action...we will have a game from next week! Sign up in this thread here...

http://eucalyptus-bowl.doubleskulls.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1429#1429

Hope you can join in the fun!

Post 14 Posted: Jul 10, 2007 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice post oz, game on!
Ansalon

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2007 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Ozjesting, that was the best post I've read in a long, long time. It kind of sums up what the SWL is all about.
Rabid_Bogscum

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2007 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed.. outstanding effort mate

Proud Member of the SWL
Fool

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2007 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

That's a CLASSIC Oz, does someone have a sticky button? Should be required reading for every SWL newcomer... put it in the manual.
Rabid_Bogscum

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2007 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

hmmmm is it a Haiku.. now If I just take the Bold words.... hmmmm

EVERYTHING! NOTHING BUT DICE!!! GET THE FUCK OUT!
IS
ROLL THE DICE! NOT FOR YOU! ROLL THE DICE!
I AM NOT AFRAID
LUCK OFF!

Proud Member of the SWL
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2007 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Blogged
Patrician

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2007 - 02:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Well said Oz.

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2007 - 06:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Well for those you that are familiar with Privateer Press games, Oz's comments really sound like a Page 5 statement. In summery, Either you pick up the dice and expect to get owned and also to expect to own your opponent and have fun or get the hell out. But also in saying that if you find you are no longer playing the game and having fun then its probably time you had a break.

I can relate to what Oz is going to through when in the season before last I just completely lost it and just left all the tournaments I was in after they finished for the most part, and just took a breather. Now I am finding that I am enjoying the game a bit more and as a result I am actually playing better in that I am wining or playing some very close games. I dont let the dice bother me any more because I know they are just random inanimate objects.

One last thing: When was the last time you looked at yourself and laughed?

Last edited by DaemonicLazoth on %b %11, %2007 - %06:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: