19 coaches online • Server time: 08:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Blood Bowl Variantsgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2004 - 07:59 Reply with quote Back to top

This has probably been covered before...but here goes anyway..

It would be a nice feature if the color of a square changed if the moving player would either 1) enter an opposing TZ or 2) require a dodge roll if that moving player moved into the square indicated.

I've often miss clicked, or even just didn't see the opposoing player, when moving and have made stupid dodge rolls I would never had made in a FTF game. I've benifited many times from my opponents doing the same thing.

Not a pop up or anything, just a different color if the square you are about to click on is either next to an opposing player or if you are next to a standing player already (and thus would require a dodge roll.
veron

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2004 - 08:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah, just be more careful, you don't get different coloured squares in real BB either!
Wadehek

Post 3 Posted: Mar 24, 2004 - 08:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually the cursor chances when you are about to enter a square you have to roll a dice for. So even for GFIs it will change. normally you have a white feet cursor. It will turn red for a dodge and yellow for a GFI.

Just letting you know... Rolling Eyes
MixX

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2004 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

veron wrote:
Bah, just be more careful, you don't get different coloured squares in real BB either!
Razz yep! (though I've "bonged" a few times myself).. the client DOES show a red cursor for dodges, a yellow one for gfi's, and a red AND yellow one for dodges that require a GFI.. it does not show anything different when about to move INTO a tackle-zone though, but just be a bit more careful, and you should be fine.. We don't want the client to play the game for us, do we? (even if this is not what is asked for, anything that makes the game more automated is a step in the wrong direction, IMO)...
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2004 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

veron wrote:

No, but I get a nice (usually) painted minature that is all but impossible to overlook. Some of the icons, though very well designed, are hard for me to see on the pitch for some reason....seems to be mainly skeletons and Zombies...

I think it is somethign with the blue main color on green field... Can be really bad in the pouring rain field.

I didn't notice that the cursor already changes color for dodges (had noticed it for GFI's)

This wouldn't make the game automated any more than it already is, nor do I want the game to play for me.

The client already automates alot of things for us...shows us the ranges...shows you where you need to move for pass block...makes all the rolls for us...updates our spp's....and many more...so how would some kind of visual reminder that you are dodging (or moving next to a player) be any different?
Wadehek

Post 12 Posted: Mar 24, 2004 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Use ALT I. You lose the nice icons and gain some clearly visible Letters on the field.
Still have to take care to look at their skills. Exclamation
Janzki

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2004 - 11:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't use icons, they're just too hard to see where they are. There's some really nice circles with a letter that work much better Smile

-Janzki

-Douglas Adams
 Jump to: