32 coaches online • Server time: 09:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Grimbar

Post 21 Posted: Sep 23, 2007 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I've played about 20 games total here on Fumbbl. About 17 of those games are with orcs and 3 with my newly created humans. But I really don't know what to go with. I've heard ogres are pretty easy to begin with.

And it doesn't really help that I have no idea how to set up my guys when starting. I usually get demolished down to 4 players and then they just play with me and I get have to struggle just to move my guys.

At some moments this game is great fun but other times It's a pain just to finish the game. Just sit and wait for the whole second half to end.

So if you have any tips, advice or anything that could give me a boost to just keep on playing. I would be glad.

/// Grimbar : )
Lill-Leif

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2007 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Ogres are fun, but they tend to be a bit stupid.
Have you tried dwarves or Norse? Lots of players starting with block is pretty good.
PeteW

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2007 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Grimbar wrote:
I've played about 20 games total here on Fumbbl. About 17 of those games are with orcs and 3 with my newly created humans. But I really don't know what to go with. I've heard ogres are pretty easy to begin with.

And it doesn't really help that I have no idea how to set up my guys when starting. I usually get demolished down to 4 players and then they just play with me and I get have to struggle just to move my guys.

At some moments this game is great fun but other times It's a pain just to finish the game. Just sit and wait for the whole second half to end.

So if you have any tips, advice or anything that could give me a boost to just keep on playing. I would be glad.

/// Grimbar : )

ummm... your coach bio shows zero orc teams. I do hope you haven't been breaking the rules and using multiple accounts!

For tips - watch some replays of good coaches games. That is the best way to learn. You can see replays by clicking the replay link on the match report. You can see match reports by clicking the round green D button next to the game. Or spec games in the games page.

Or if you see me looking for a game I'd be happy to give you some tips.

PeteW

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2007 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Norse is one of the worst teams for beginners, imho.

Dwarves and Orcs are much better.

Grimbar, join the academy division, there you might find someone who'll teach you something while you play.
And spectate some matches to get a hang of how people play.

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2007 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Ogres won't get you anywhere, and norse are tricky. Humans and undead are great for new players. Orcs and dwarfs are fine too, but they're trickier to play then it seems - that low MA means you need to be good at reading the match. Zons makes a good alternative - bashy, overpowered at low TR, and not that tricky to play.

A second advice is to play mainly at low TR. You learn the game better there, because the rules of thumbs apply the most with rookie players. Buy RRs rather than positionals.
ChangoLoco

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2007 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

You should be able to find a help/FAQ button - click on it and read some strategy and tips for different races, including suggestions for starting rosters, skill selections, and overall style of play for the various races. Good luck, and have fun. This game can be tons of fun and highly addictive - just try not to get too attached to any of your pixels, and everything should be swell! (Swelling may go down without notice.)

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2007 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:

ummm... your coach bio shows zero orc teams. I do hope you haven't been breaking the rules and using multiple accounts!

My thoughts too...
Shame on you!

Anyways:

By spectating a game you will learn a lot. And you could go for a AG 4-team (DE or HE for some durability).

Jump to: