39 coaches online • Server time: 11:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Carl_Stoneyard

Post 22 Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 03:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I've never played divX, but I think the new rules might be interesting to try out. I think I see the point with them. It's just two things that I am not sure about.

1. Teams like undead that don't use apoths at all. Aren't they growing a lot stronger when the other teams have to rehire their apoth?

2. When you need a high FF to support a strong team, aren't the FF rolls becoming too important? It is very common for teams to have low FF even if they win a lot.
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 04:35 Reply with quote Back to top

1. No Because other teams can actually start with an apoth (at the cost of 10K which is really cheap for woodies who used to lose a player in their first match and never quite be as strong later on)

2. Yes so start with as much as you can 8-9 FF (leave the positional players till later)
Matt_wyeth

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 04:41 Reply with quote Back to top

heh my skaven have FF 18 but thats because we win alot, score alot, and cause carnage alot. so its not just winning that counts you gotta score and cause carnage too.
Carl_Stoneyard

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

1. Teams like undead that don't use apoths at all. Aren't they growing a lot stronger when the other teams have to rehire their apoth?

2. When you need a high FF to support a strong team, aren't the FF rolls becoming too important? It is very common for teams to have low FF even if they win a lot.

I totally agree with you on 1). I didn't think about that. Number 2) is very bad news for a frontloader like me.... Crying or Very sad .

Quote:

heh my skaven have FF 18 but thats because we win alot, score alot, and cause carnage alot. so its not just winning that counts you gotta score and cause carnage too.

Your skaven is 14/4/4 with FF 18. My chaos dwarf is 26/6/2 with FF 9. They may not cause as much carnage as your skaven, but they always score 2+ TDs. My CDs DESERVE a higher fan factor.

My suggestion is to make FF rolls 2 dice with some modifiers to give the fans more common sense.
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Carl_Stoneyard wrote:
I've never played divX, but I think the new rules might be interesting to try out. I think I see the point with them. It's just two things that I am not sure about.

teams with apoth access are now slightly stronger for their first 10 games or so (due to the effect they can save more players, acquire new players earlier and can start with more positional players). Regeneration-based teams, on the other hand, should level out 1 income-bracket later, that basically means they have a TR advantage of about 21 in comparison to the current official rules (the former apoths ate 5 TR, I guess freebooted ones only count as 1 TR)

It seems to me that they are almost as important as they have been before.
 Jump to: