51 coaches online • Server time: 13:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you like this idea?
Yes, it's realy cool !!!
40%
 40%  [ 8 ]
No, it won't work.
40%
 40%  [ 8 ]
I like rulles the way they are now.
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 20

Goblinux

Post 16 Posted: Mar 27, 2004 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I suddenly got an idea how to improve tournament with round robin system. I think I'll even ask Sky Junkie to work on it. (don't think it will be very difficult). Everybody are aware that some coaches in tournament get realy pissed because of losing all the time and so they begin to ignore matches and even retire from tourneys. I think if peoples who run tournaments would be to manualy CONCEDE these matches, there will be no problem. Offcourse a player with a team in the tournament cant be able to retire that team. Since u cant edit your teams FF it should be perfect option. Other coaches will get some SPP and money. And there will be "stucked" rounds. So what do you think guys?
Mordachai

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2004 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

So what you propose is that the tournament director could force a concede as per the conceding rules in LRB? In effect this would be as is if the conceding team had entered the match and then conceded round 1?

Interesting, and I would love see it implemented, but I can foresee problems with it. Also, I think Christer is the one to give this too, not SkiJunkie since it is a fumbbl implementation rather than a client implementation.

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2004 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont know what you have been eating but...

There is possibility for tournament manager to conceed any game in round robin that has been scedueled. No money or spp will ever be awarded for these conceeds cause that would just make it too easily abused.
Surtur

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2004 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes... agree with Peikko here... The amounts of money that would start pouring to some teams accounts, would really unbalance the tournament and make it not playable even for inspired coaches.

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2004 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

So you are one of those who use avoiding tactics then Twisted Evil
peikko wrote:
I dont know what you have been eating but...

There is possibility for tournament manager to conceed any game in round robin that has been scedueled. No money or spp will ever be awarded for these conceeds cause that would just make it too easily abused.
peikko

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2004 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Goblinux wrote:
So you are one of those who use avoiding tactics then Twisted Evil

What Im using is that Ive run 20+ tournaments.
If you get spp and money from conceeded match, THAT will run ppl trying to keep their hard games unplayed so they might be the one benefin from manual conceed.
You might think before accusing people.
Matt_wyeth

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2004 - 04:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say make the option available to the tournament director. Since the tournament director should have the final say over how the tournament is run. NtM it wouldn't be abused because if the director wanted to abuse the system they would and then noone would play in the tournament said director has. I don't see how it will ruin tournaments if you just make it as an option for the director to use when member teams dropout or when coaches go out of contact for several weeks.
Goblinux

Post 14 Posted: Mar 28, 2004 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Matt_wyeth wrote:
I'd say make the option available to the tournament director. Since the tournament director should have the final say over how the tournament is run. NtM it wouldn't be abused because if the director wanted to abuse the system they would and then noone would play in the tournament said director has. I don't see how it will ruin tournaments if you just make it as an option for the director to use when member teams dropout or when coaches go out of contact for several weeks.

Yeap Matt, this is what I mean. As a tournament director I always am in touch with people playing, and some players just dont play fair. For ex. I would liked to had some points in Nux2 Tournament, playing vs the last standing team, but he chickened and didn't showed up all 2 weeks. Why can't I have spp then? I don't realy need money, so that Concede can only be in spp and like a 10 000 - 50 000$, which can be decided by T Director too.
JFK

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2004 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont know that solution proposed by goblinux is correct, but i think thak we have to find one. I'm tired of not playing becouse my opp diceded that he dont want to, play this T any more.
I think that its all up to T director.
peikko

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2004 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

If someone aint playing his tourney games, change the player. Theres replace option for tourney manager. Also this is nice way to resuse those tournament teams and get replacement team with similiar tr than with the other teams in that phase of tournament.
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2004 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

why should you get any spp either?

if you had played that match you might have just gotten an mvp or even conceeded yourself, its not going to happen either replace the other coach or use the forfeit game option
Goblinux

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2004 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Grumbledook wrote:
why should you get any spp either?

if you had played that match you might have just gotten an mvp or even conceeded yourself, its not going to happen either replace the other coach or use the forfeit game option

Like many coaches to join season when its in a middle, I mean 20 round season. So I am suggesting this as an option only used very rare when coaches leave the tournament.
Twahn

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2004 - 01:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in complete agreement with Peikko and Grumbledook on this one. Giving SPPs and Winnings to teams that have had their opponents forfeit is weak, will be abused, and not at all needed (especially in a 20 round tournament like Goblinux has mentioned).

Something like this would be SO open to abuse. As if! Smile

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
 Jump to: