24 coaches online • Server time: 06:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Macavity

Post 21 Posted: Dec 05, 2007 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

There seems to be a lot of misconceptions about Macavity! I have decided to take it upon myself to answer any question you folks might have about my wonderful self!

No question shall go unanswered (excepting those involving personal information

Last edited by Macavity on Dec 05, 2007 - 22:58; edited 1 time in total
SillySod

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2007 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Dear Macavity

Why oh why did you steal an idea which should be left dedicated to Angie, where is the encouragement for her to reply to myself and Hogshines cries of angst now? What shall we do without the advice of Aunty Angie? Seriously?

Angsty Teenager

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2007 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

This is not an advice column! It's for questions about me! Seriously! Go whine to Angie!

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 02:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Can Macavity create a fish that is so yellow that not even he can fry it and serve it with chips?

Whatever your answer, I think I've just proven that you don't actually exist. Sorry about that.

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 03:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Yellowosity has no relation to fryability.
Pirog

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 07:06 Reply with quote Back to top

What is the reason for people putting you in polls together with or as an alternative to the the equally played out "pie" option?
Enar

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Is your name pronounced Ma-cavity, Mac-avity, Maca-vity, Macav-ity ,Macavi-ty or Macavit-y?
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:
Can Macavity create a fish that is so yellow that not even he can fry it and serve it with chips?

Whatever your answer, I think I've just proven that you don't actually exist. Sorry about that.

Yes, I can. I have learned from personal experience that latex paint renders normally friable items un-friable, so.....

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Pirog wrote:
What is the reason for people putting you in polls together with or as an alternative to the the equally played out "pie" option?

A long, long, time ago.... The Off-Topic section of the forum showed up in the 3 most Forum Topics at the top of the page. I had a tendency to post non-sensical (or oddly sensical) things, and always included a Poll. In fact, even my serious posts did. A similar long time ago, one could sort the members by number of posts, and some individuals sought to increase their number merely to be in the top ten of the list. After numerous accusations of being one of their number, I scaled back my posting. Then responsibilities at work increased, and life got busier, so I took a long break, and have not done much polling myself (the need is gone, I'm in every one!)

MAC-FACT: Once upon a time, my reputation for polls was so strong, that BadMrMojo created an automatic poll generating program for me as a birthday present!

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Enar wrote:
Is your name pronounced Ma-cavity, Mac-avity, Maca-vity, Macav-ity ,Macavi-ty or Macavit-y?

Normally, "Mac-avity" is closest. To pronounce it properly, one must speak as if considering doing an imitation of Charles Emerson Winchester III, and chickening out at the last moment, or, alternatively, be a resident of the Australian Outback, and do an impression of John Malkovich doing an Impression of Queen Elizabeth II.

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Why has Angie stopped answering pleas for help in her own thread?

I know Silly asked before, but I want to hear the answer again.

Edit: If you don't know the answer, can you suggest a solution for our emo love?
howlett

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Where has this picture been taken?
I don't know, why, but this place looks like a jail to me.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Hogshine. Solution for emo love= Tim Burton and/or Christina Ricci movies.

Howlett: Good question! It is a still image of video taken in a gas station while a group of concerned citizens confronted the owner about the state of the washroom (fictionally).

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

macavity....

why a yellow fish?...i mean seriously?

--j

ImageImage
Gran

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2007 - 03:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Why? [Not related to the question above.]

Today Is A Good Day For Someone Else To Die!
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)
 Jump to: