54 coaches online • Server time: 20:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Quadros

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2008 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I should mention that me and my mates get kind of in depth, with rules for transfers, Sacking the head coach (if your FF goes to 0 you get sacked and another previously sacked coach gets your old job (and team! have to wait for another coach to get sacked and then take over their team etc) and a myriad of other rules. One of them is you have to make a match report/list of excuses after each match. Here are some made against my Khemri team.

Pro Elves
Quote:
The cataphracts and Khemri based teams in general are overly powerful and have an unfair advantage, suggest league commissioner looks into handicapping blatent unfairness.

Orcs
Quote:
Dese skellingtons are way to powerful and shuld be handicapped/culled

Humans
Quote:
Khemri based teams are unfairly powerful and make the sport as a whole less entertaining.

High Elves
Quote:
An undead team capable of a passing game is rediculously over powered, suggest commisionary interfearence to reset balance

Now I know for a fact that most of these guys are doing the politicing and moaning famed of the managers in our native Premiership football league, but still no smoke without fire. I think they honestly believe that my AG 2, MA 5 team is over powered. It may be because after four games I'm 9-2 on touchdowns and haven't lost, and am therefore at the top of the twelve team league. It may be because I've killed three players. Still, do they have a point? or do I have a right to laugh at such a ridiculous notion?
Hogshine

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2008 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

You have a right to laugh Very Happy
Synn

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2008 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

You do this to them.

__Synn
nin

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2008 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

transfers
khemri base
an undead tean capable of a passing game

are youplaying with some kind of 4 Mummies, bunch of skeletons and a couple of gutterruners thing?
if so they may have a point
if not, no, they haven't
Lakvin

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2008 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I would direct them to www.kleenex.com
kn00b

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2008 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

khemri are the target of a lot of moaning because they really aren't any fun. Either the khemri win by killing the opposition, or they lose by failing a pickup or two - either way that's not fun for one of you. It's more or less the same with most bashy teams - you win easiest by destroying the other team, which means there will be moaning.

Khemri have been taken down a notch in subsequent editions of bbowl 'official' rules. The big guys at least think they're a bit overpowered. I don't see them as overpowered, just really, really boring.
Quadros

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2008 - 05:22 Reply with quote Back to top

See I don't think they're boring at all to play with. The hilarity of a passing game at AG2 is not to be underestimated, especially if it works. My games tend to go something like this:

I kick: set up four mummies on the LOS, opponent sets up to avoid them as much as possible, leaving a gaping hole in the centre of their set up. They instead try to smash a hole in the flank to run in, and the thrower/running back retrieves the ball in the back field. I utilise the hole they leave to blitz the ball carrier with either a blitz-ra, mummy or skele (depending on how deep the thrower is). Mad scramble for the ball entails, and I generally force it over the line.

I recieve: I look like I'm forming a cage when in fact I'm drawing the opponents into a massive scrap in the middle of the park. When everyone's involved I launch the ball in the general direction of a blitz-ra who's managed to keep himself just about clear of the scrum, not really caring if he catches it or not, as long as it's in his vague vicinity and there's no way the opposition can easily retrieve it before I do. Mad scramble ensues, which i generally win and score.

These games aren't boring, they're dramatic and high tension games and all the more exciting for it. Your arguement that 'bashy teams make for boring games' is ridiculous in my opinion. I mean how much more fun is 'pick up on a two, pass on a two, catch on a two, dodge on a two, gfi, gfi, TD'?

As for nin's question; The list of teams we can transfer bwtween is tightly regulated, and I can only buy players from Undead and Necromantic teams, niether of which are represented in the league. (Although I would love a werewolf...). Furthermore if you sell a player he still counts towards you limit to that position, so if I had four mummies and I sold one to a necromantic team, I could only have 3 until he (re)died or retired.
kn00b

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2008 - 06:19 Reply with quote Back to top

well the high probability plays don't always work. especially when you throw in things like pass block, shadowing, diving tackle, etc. I'll admit that it's preference - I like games that end 5-4 with a lot of risky things going on. I don't like when games end 1-0 and there's nothing you can do about it. I tend to think the bashy game is 'safe' because it's built around low-risk drives, with only two die blocks and a single pickup. There's very little room to adapt in that case - the idea is to force your opponent's hand, and if a few bodies hit the CAS box there's nothing you can do to prevent the inevitable turn eight score. Booooring.
In an elf vs. skaven game, for instance, it's more about adapting your defensive setup and trying to defend against a highly likely two turn score - learning your opponent, trying to pick off his danger players, trying a few 4+ dodges to get to his thrower before he can chuck it, etc. In my mind it's a little more in depth - I feel these games are determined more by reaction and less by statistics. Bashy teams win on numbers, you see - who has more guard/mighty blow/claw/AV (and ultimately players on the field) whereas scoring teams win on reaction and a little bit of guts. Khemri are especially boring because if they fall behind by two TD's there's next to no way they can claw it back - they don't have enough MA and ball handling ability. With skaven, you never really know (unless you kill them all).

If you play Khemri to win, seriously, you play to KILL. If you win, it's done by reducing your opponent to ruin. Which you might think is great, but don't be surprised when the moaning happens. Khemri have been a hot topic in BBRC land and they've modified them considerably - which to me indicates that many people felt they were a problem team.
zzabur

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2008 - 06:40 Reply with quote Back to top

i dont allow khem or ogre in the league i run because theyre just boring. simple as that. well, orges arent that boring, i just find them to be a stupid 'joke' team. khemri however, are just that: boring.
RC

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2008 - 06:58 Reply with quote Back to top

At low levels with 4 mb they are pretty powerful. You don't want to be rookie woodies vs a Khemri coach that knows what he is doing. At around 200 they kinda peak out. More skills than dp is not neccessary on a skellie and it is capable of mauling a legend.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2008 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

sounds like fun. I hope in your match reports you are mocking them because you are outpassing them with agi2, outrunning them with ma5, and out-casing them with av7?

btw I wouldn't set up the 4 mummies on the LOS except at very low TRs. when an opponent khemri does that to me it's a free gang-knock down and gang foul on one of the corner ones Very Happy you'll have a lot of trouble if a mummy becomes a casualty, best to hand them 3 skeletons to punch and use the 4 mummies spread across the pitch 3-4 squares back. (it's ok at low TR when you don't have 15 players)
Grin

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2008 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

RC wrote:
At low levels with 4 mb they are pretty powerful. You don't want to be rookie woodies vs a Khemri coach that knows what he is doing.

I think that is why they changed MB to Break Tackle in LRB 5.0.
f0rd

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2008 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Grin wrote:

I think that is why they changed MB to Break Tackle in LRB 5.0.

They didnĀ“t...

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2008 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

No, he means 6.0.

(Although it's not called that yet.)
 Jump to: