37 coaches online • Server time: 18:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
m0nty

Post   Posted: May 09, 2004 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Galak Starscraper has mentioned some new apoth rules over on TBB, which will most likely be something like the DivX freebooted apothecary if you read between the lines. Now, I know there hasn't been as much DivX play lately, but for those who have played, how have you found this experimental rule? I've played a few games with my orcs and haven't found it too much of a problem, but I guess it's better for AV8/9 races. Any thoughts to pass on to the powers that be in preparation for the upcoming Vault?
DeMoorck

Post   Posted: May 09, 2004 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

i played a norse team and i had lots of troubles with getting the money to replace the players i lost AND using the 10 k on the apoth. I ended up buying linemen in replacement for blitzers and throwers.

i think the freeboot apoth isnt suited av7 teams (perhaps the elves can manages, i dont know) and they can have a hard time getting and keeping optimal roosters with this apo system

Post   Posted: May 09, 2004 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

well, I play a fairly high rating divX elf team, and they haven't had too much trouble with it. They usually have to wait longer to get replacement players though, as their players are so expensive... As for the negative winnings, I still haven't suffered from that, so I think it's only a problem once you get to the really high ratings (250+)..

A suggestion I have (which is from an elf players point of view, mind) is that if you don't use the apoth, you get the 10K back.. or keep him for the next game, whatdoIknow...

Apart from that, I think it could work with the freebooted apoths. But I don't know how the "bashy but weak" teams, ie norse and to a lesser degree amazons, suffer from it..
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: May 09, 2004 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

New teams:

Playing in the divX test league with official rosters exclusively, my undead would have retired two teams in the first and second game. Freebooted apoth prevented that though. Extremely good for new teams, definitely a large improvement to the current situation in which you might have to start over and over again if you're unlucky in your first 1-3 games.

Middle Class:

My old world team (never been able to obtain a big guy for more than 2 games or so) develops slower than teams under the current rules. Whereas their development was stabilized and accelerated over the course of the first games, their progression to TR 200 has lastet longer than expected, they have they hardly can afford the missing big guys to complete the roster (not that old world needed them anyhow).

Upper Class:

My high TR orcs who have formerly been able to accumulate tons of cash and therefore been able to replace players easily and, on top of this, could hire stars and wizards whenever they needed them, now seem to level out around TR 250 (somewhat depending on FF of course).

AV 7:
I've transferred a woodie side to divX for recovery, since the current ageing rules would have retired them for good. Ageing is overkill for expensive low armour players starting without any skills, in divX though, they have the chance to recover now.

Thus, I must say that these new rules achieve way better what "ageing" was meant for, at least from my experience. What would appear to have not been implemented is the increased income band beyond TR 300, making it even more difficult to earn cash beyond TR 300.
It seems ridiculous to me that certain can afford broken stars and/or wizards whenever they need them and have almost no problems at all to replace losses (e.g. Chaos Dwarves). The major problem IMO is that Undead, Khemri, Necro don't suffer from the apoth rules. Since Khemri and Undead seem to accumulate ridiculous amounts of cash over the course of time (Ramtut, Luthor), it might be advisable to raise the price of skellies and zombies to 40k though (currently they are definitely underpriced and by no means as bad as flings).
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: May 09, 2004 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I have chaos and khermi div-x. The chaos team (other than forgetting to freeboot the apoth once) had no problems issues with this rule. Never ran into a team that did not have the apoth either.

Post   Posted: May 09, 2004 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I have rookie fling team in divx, no problems getting that apo for every match (and has allways been used for some reason Smile ). They'd have started anyway with an apo so that's not very interesting.

Then I got ~tr150 lizzard and dwarf teams which have had nice development from first games thanks to the early apo. The apo healed couple niggles during first two games and really boosted the beginning. No monetary problems so far. It will take some time until they get their first negative winnings so I'll report then again if there's need for feedback.
 Jump to: