35 coaches online • Server time: 11:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
farmerj13

Post 22 Posted: Jul 25, 2008 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

So how do I register for these tournaments. I've read all over here and theres lots of talk of tourneys but no specific instructions on how to join... or maybe I'm just missing it.

Thank you
Leijonet

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2008 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

That depends on which tournament you're referring to. I'd suggest starting here and looking around.

http://fumbbl.com/help:Official+FUMBBL+Tournaments

Leijonet -Winging justice since 6/9-08
somertown

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2008 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Some links to get you started:

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3843

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=4945

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=1609

If you have access to the IRC, join the "fumbblminors" channel and you might find a "smack" tournament starting at any time.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2008 - 05:13 Reply with quote Back to top

As your a new coach my advice would be to start with the excellent 145 club. This club runs lots of leagues and cups throughout the year, and is aimed at coaches below 150cr and coaches that are new.

You will have to create a league team, and join the main page here. But well worth it in my opinion.

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2922
farmerj13

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2008 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok thats all good, but the actual physical act of "Applying". How do you do that. For instance say in October I want to play the fumbbl cup. How would I apply from what I gather its just a matter of jumping into a paticular chat room first?
pac

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2008 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

farmerj13 wrote:
Ok thats all good, but the actual physical act of "Applying". How do you do that. For instance say in October I want to play the fumbbl cup. How would I apply from what I gather its just a matter of jumping into a paticular chat room first?

On most group pages, if you scroll down to the bottom, you should find a little pop-up menu (which lists all of your teams) and a button next to it saying 'Apply for membership'. Choose a team which fits the group's criteria and apply.

Note that some groups have a more complicated application system, and will reject anyone who just applies. (These groups generally explain their application system in the description of the group though.)

Also, some groups do not have this menu and button. These groups are invitation only and you should contact group staff (listed at the top).

FUMBBL Smacks are 'instant' tournaments which are arranged in the #fumbblminors channel. You shouldn't apply to these unless you are in channel there to sign up, there are enough players to start one and you are asked to do so.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2008 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

when the fumbbl cup starts taking applications. Click on the link in the advertisement that says "apply here" or to that effect. It'll take you to a tournament group page.

At the bottom of that page, there is an apply team function. It'll say "Apply for membership", to the left, is a scroll for selecting what team you wish to apply with. select one. click "submit"

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2008 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah thanks. Are any of these Majors active? Many of the tournaments seem to have not been updated for more than a year.
pac

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2008 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

farmerj13 wrote:
Ah thanks. Are any of these Majors active? Many of the tournaments seem to have not been updated for more than a year.

Each of the Majors takes place once per year. The next one to start will be the Lustrian Challenge, and you should see heavy site-wide advertising when it opens for applications. Wink
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2008 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

The next one is the Lustrian Challenge.
Then it's the Fumbbl Cup.

ps: you BETTER work on those skaven if you want to enter a Major. Anything below TR220 is very likely not to make the cut anyway (just so you know)