31 coaches online • Server time: 09:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Exempt teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2008 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

OK.. sorry for the long delay, but i was kind of swamped with work and the low response in the last challenges also helped alot to destroy any motivation in my rare spare time to pour out PMs and stuff. So... I`ll send a group PM. Everyone still interested in the league should respond. I`ll then rearrange all participating teams newly to exclude all those semi-actives, that have cause the last rounds to have only very few games. Then we start the challenge again. Deal?

Of course new teams are always welcome!
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2008 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

How about this as a suggested rule change:
Teams can play 1 friendly during the challenge phase. That would make challenges abit more unpredictable, especially when one is gambling on a multi MNG team.
Nicodemus1

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2008 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with that rule! It´s been a real bitch playing slow coaches who did´nt play until the last day... which in turn made friendlies impossible to play.

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2008 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

ill aggree with that, the younger tier teams can at least sort out there MNG's to prepare for an assault of the higher ranks
good one circ!

(Btw, need a hand with the league in anyway and im happy to help, need to do somthing inbetween my seasons too Very Happy)

Last edited by Peter_Thorpe on %b %21, %2008 - %23:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
Mates

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2008 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree, even tho I don't have any experience with working of this league Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2008 - 07:36 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
How about this as a suggested rule change:
Teams can play 1 friendly during the challenge phase. That would make challenges abit more unpredictable, especially when one is gambling on a multi MNG team.

i agree - friendlies are essential in koth and it's been a pain, sometimes, to find friendlies with dwarf - where some wouldn't play at all and others still had to finish their challenge - too bad only, that it's being introduced while i'm atop the hill Wink where i probably won't get any friendlies...

if anyone still likes a friendly, please feel free to ask - i'll most probably accept Smile
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2008 - 08:43 Reply with quote Back to top

OK.. while we are at it, there are two more things, that I want to discuss:
a) Friendlies counting against the 5-game-limit?
Options would be yes; challenges and friendlies seperated (meaning you can play a team twice within 5 rounds, once as challenge and once as friendly); you can play a friendly against the same team every other round.

b) Pair up unpaired teams?
So if after the matchmaking there are more than one team, try to match them?
Options would be: No; Only within the same/adjacent tiers; Yes, arrange matches by TS.
McVily

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2008 - 09:48 Reply with quote Back to top

a) i would count friendlies in 5 game limit, more restrictive challenging is, more often people will drop (not everyone is crazy as I am Laughing)

b) yeah it would be good to set some sort of TS limit...or at least recomendation (though it's always between coaches to get deal or not)..Otherwis my Hill would rose to quickly Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2008 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea, and boot from the league anyone who "forgets" or "waits" past the deadline for the next round. It's a pain trying to get a game period in KotH. Too much skippin' out on games.

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2008 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Round 9 - Matchups

Tier 3 Challenges:
Out of this dirt hole! challenges the Monthy Python all stars
The Avengers of Wonders challenge the Embalmers Workshop

Tier 2 Challenges:
Hill of Corpses challenges the Lady Death Dancers
Freedom Fighters Forever challenges Soulless Revival

Champion Challenge:
Boyz from the Dorf challenge the Mithril Mine Diggers

Pit Fight!
Dynasty Shade Warriors vs Chain-breakers

Pit Fight is the new category in KotH. The bottom of the pit usually is the one that doesn`t get enough challenges up there so there are restless teams that are pitted against each other. The winner gets boosted challenge privileges for the next round.
krytie

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2008 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the new options for friendlies - basically, the higher the possibility of games (of any type), the better it will be for the longevity of the league. I wouldn't introduce any restrictions on repeat friendlies at all, not even limiting to every other game. Frienldies seem hard enough to complete as it is.

Cooool new addition (pit fight) Circ! This should keep the action stirring. I was also thinking along the lines of allowing any single unpaired team to play a grudgematch against any other unpaired team, as long as they had played them before and have a reason for the grudge i.e. were defeated, or had a player permed/killed. The game would not result in any position-shift, and would be purely for gaming/ team development / player satisfaction.

Qualifying for this would begin in the lowest tier, and could be made compulsory, so long as it doesn't throw up one-sided contests which may ultimately hurt the lower team. It would also give some higher-tier teams the chance to play if their challenge fails/they have no valid target.

If the team has more than one valid grudge-target, then perhaps the coach should be offered the choice, or the league admin could choose whichever is the most appealing matchup Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2008 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

So when will you set up the games?
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2008 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Games are set up.

Deadline for the games is Tuesday, November 4th 20:00 bbtime.

Please inform me on Friday, if you haven`t set a date to play until then.
treborius

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2008 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

So is this league dead now, or what's the deal?
McVily

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2008 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

This seems dead as my team Very Happy Very Happy