50 coaches online • Server time: 19:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2009 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Quote:
I just say that light side should get a bonus.

They already get that. Being in the light qualifiers means they dont get torn to pieces by claws remember?

PS, why are you rabbiting on about additional majors?

And?`They will still face the claw later on, so not like the teams will avoid the claws anyway.

And Why do I weant other majors, because of simple you give advantages to other races. Goblins get one, why should Halflings not also get one?
If skaven teams get one, why should other races not also?

All this stuff should be moved to league and hopefully Christer would add more ways to edit ways you play, get prizes, give out things etc etc. Then people can make leagues and then within the leagues make the majors and make them how they want to.

As soon as you favour one race in a competive enviroment, then it is not a competive enviroment any longer.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2009 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
JanMattys wrote:
I say move XFL Skaven in december.
The winner of XFL Skaven automatically gets a spot in the final KO of the Warpstone.

It makes sense. XFL skaven becomes a skaven tournament to decide the champions of the race. Very Happy

We will not set a specific date for any XFL tournaments. Having only a little time to prepare for them is supposed to make them into more equal opportunity tournaments where people who can't play 20 prep games have a shot at being competitive.

Ok then. Have the XFL whenever you want, but grant as an additional prize for the tournament the access to WO (if the coach wants to). Acceptance or refusal of the additional prize must be notified to the WO staff at least 1 month before the start of the Qualifiers (so that the staff knows if it's 15 or 16 qualifiers they have to plan.)

It would be cool as hell Very Happy

ps: as a side note, I think that linking Minors and Majors would greatly improve the Minors appeal. Not great prizes (just like the ticket to WO isn't a BIG prize)... but fluffy ones. You don't even need to give something to any race... just create some fluff that makes sense and just adds some spice.
It would also quite encourage the long-term building of teams, who get a nice story and not a bunch of random events.
Just a thought, of course... I can see the difficulties, for example Norse bitching because no Major is set in the Northern lands... But who cares?

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2009 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
And?`They will still face the claw later on, so not like the teams will avoid the claws anyway.

It means that most of the light side qualifiers will get to the main tournament unscathed, it also means that there will be at least 8 elfy/light teams. Whether you consider that to be an advantage or not is irrelevant but I'm pretty sure that the high elves think they have a good deal. Avoiding dirty orcs and smelly goblins is a massive advantage for an elf, from a theme point of view.

Quote:
And Why do I weant other majors, because of simple you give advantages to other races. Goblins get one, why should Halflings not also get one?
If skaven teams get one, why should other races not also?

BloodBowl is not a fair game especially at major levels, if it was then goblins wouldnt be #@£% and would be able to compete along with all the other races in the rest of the majors. If it was fair then maybe skaven would be able to outlast the FUMBBL Cup and perhaps Khemri would score more. The important thing is that it should be balanced enough. To be honest, giving skaven the right to steal a golden ticket and giving goblins a leg up isnt going to upset that balnce, it certainly dosent make either race stand out as clear favourites to win either major. Its a shame that there arent enough majors in a year to give every race something special but thats just the way things are.

Quote:
As soon as you favour one race in a competive enviroment, then it is not a competive enviroment any longer.

Thats total BS. You might as well claim that the White Isle League isnt a competitive environment because we let vampires, halflings, and goblins in. If any bonus is big enough that it makes one race clearly overpowered then it would be boring but not uncompetitive.

PS Jan, the organisers wouldnt have to know if the XFL winner wanted the place until the start of the main tournament... you'd just let the council of the thirteen "randomly" assign one golden ticket to the skaven XFL winner Very Happy

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2009 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Both Khemri and Skaven can come far in the majors. Have just checked quickly checked fumbbl cups. I am not going to check the others, because it shows you can get far with both races.
Khemri won in final Fumbbl cup
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&at=0&group=195&show=14578
Skaven team got pretty far here, Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&at=0&group=195&show=840

White Isle League
Because you let vampires, goblins and halfings join the league, but do they get bonus? As far as just quickly read the main page of WIL then I did not see it. But please post the link so I can read it, that vampirs, goblins or halfings get handicaps or bonus in order to compete in your league.
You might have a point about my statement of competiveness, but by giving out the handicaps to those races would favor them. Why should goblins get a handicap, when Halflings don’t get it? Why one of the reason I don’t like the idea. Maybe fair is not the best word, but then equal or pick another English word that would suit it better. No English language expert here.

As for winner skaven XFL granting a seat into the WO, I said it made sense. BUT that I do not like it. Then all the other XFL should grand something too then else just the basic winning prize.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2009 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont think you got my point about Khemri, Vampires etc... my point was that not all the races are equal. Thus it doesnt really matter whether you give one race or another a bonus as long as that bonus isnt too big. You are trying to preserve a balance that dosent exist, as long as it dosent become too overtly imbalanced then fluffy bonuses arent something to be feared. When I referred to WIL I was pointing out that inequality in races (because orcs are better than goblins) does not make those races uncompetitive.

Quote:
Then all the other XFL should grand something too then else just the basic winning prize.

Why? It'd be nice and all but they dont have to have the same prizes.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2009 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Ehlers wrote:
Then all the other XFL should grand something too then else just the basic winning prize.

Rule of Fun >>> Rule of Justice

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2009 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Ehlers wrote:

Skaven team got pretty far here, Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&at=0&group=195&show=840

i hope you were joking here... they made it to the second round.

you didn't have to go too far to find a skaven team going far, last cup (256 teams instead of 16...) had a skaven team in the final.
asharak

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2009 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Hrm, the idea of one skaven team qualifying automatically or whatever sounds fine.... gaining extra money is going too far though, gives them more chance to hire stars in every game and so on. The argument against any benifit must surely be that everyone knows skaven are sneaky so everyone is watching them..... no?

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2009 - 06:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Then I missed that, thanks Zakatan.

And if a skaven team can manage it to the final, then why should they be giving a bonus then? Sillisod, why give a team that are able to win the cup a bonus, if we take the +10k bonus every match for a skaven team.

Did I say that all races are equal? No I did not. I just dont think that Skaven is not that bad of a team, they sure can manage to win games compared to Goblins or Vampires that might have a harder time. If we had a Orc major Cup, would Orcs also then get a bonus simple because of fluff?

And if we are to tweak/fluff the tournaments, then I would rather see we did it at the end prizes, then adding to marches.
Say that if a Skaven team win the WO, then they recieve 6 random mutations, 2ff and 100,000 gold pieces.
For the Ulthuan, you could if the winner is a light team they will get the bleased knuckleduster of Ithilmir (MB)
And something similar for the other tournaments.

To increase the prize of a particular team, more teams of that race will enter IMO.
Might not be the case with Ulthuan because of the structure of the tournament.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2009 - 06:41 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Quote:

They already get that. Being in the light qualifiers means they dont get torn to pieces by claws remember?

i thought we debunked this myth, seeing as how rats won the last UI....

*yawn*

--j

ImageImage
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2009 - 07:03 Reply with quote Back to top

yes, jan rocks. great idea.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2009 - 07:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I like a Warpstone Open autoqualifier to Skaven winner of XFL as an optional prize. Replacing one of the 3 lottery winners with the XFL winner seems right based on the fluff of the tournament.

I think any additional bonus is too much and unbalances things.

BUT I might be willing to see FREEBOOTER Skaven LineRats be a wee bit cheaper during that tourney.
This is a VERY MINOR advantage but due to the game being in Skavenblight it makes sense that freebooters would be plentiful and anxious to play so they may take less cash.

As far as GLT... 1 free RANDOM star seems OK... as long as it is a Gobbo and not a Troll.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2009 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
SillySod wrote:
Quote:

*yawn*

--j

Historically its been considered an advantage. Also its just an advantage, not a ticket to win every time.

Look at it from a fluff perspective: I am pretty certain that elves think that being able to avoid some of the lesser races is an advanage.

Quote:
And if a skaven team can manage it to the final, then why should they be giving a bonus then? Sillisod, why give a team that are able to win the cup a bonus, if we take the +10k bonus every match for a skaven team.

Fistly this isnt about giving one race an advantage but doing something cool. Having the council of thirteen interfering with the random draw is cool and well themed. Forget about the +10k thing suggested earlier, stealing a golden ticket is a much cleverer idea. When handing out this kind of tournament buff the question isnt "does this team already stand a chance?" but rather:
1) Is this a fun and fluffy change rather than someone boosting their pet team?
2) Does it make any of the teams that are changed too good or too bad?
Notice that this isnt going to turn skaven teams into overpowered winning machines, it just puts a (potentially) very strong skaven contender straight into the final tournament. Once the XFL winners are there they'ed still have to win it on all the normal merits of being a skaven team.

AoP-Vimes

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2009 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
shadow46x2 wrote:
SillySod wrote:
Quote:

*yawn*

--j

Historically its been considered an advantage. Also its just an advantage, not a ticket to win every time.

Look at it from a fluff perspective: I am pretty certain that elves think that being able to avoid some of the lesser races is an advanage.

Quote:

Fistly this isnt about giving one race an advantage but doing something cool. Having the council of thirteen interfering with the random draw is cool and well themed. Forget about the +10k thing suggested earlier, stealing a golden ticket is a much cleverer idea. When handing out this kind of tournament buff the question isnt "does this team already stand a chance?" but rather:
1) Is this a fun and fluffy change rather than someone boosting their pet team?
2) Does it make any of the teams that are changed too good or too bad?
Notice that this isnt going to turn skaven teams into overpowered winning machines, it just puts a (potentially) very strong skaven contender straight into the final tournament. Once the XFL winners are there they'ed still have to win it on all the normal merits of being a skaven team.

Hi guys... as far as it is my skaven team, that managed it to the finals, i wanna have you to see my point of view on this:
Many others said this too me to and at least everyone who is watching the reps will state the same:
The amount of luck i had, that i wasnt ripped, clawed, raped and f***ed up in the dark quali was about the simple fact, that i was LUCKY AS HELL.

Yes, i know, you need ALWAYS some luck to advance into the playoffs or even MORE luck to win the damn major.... BUT HELL.... this was QUITE outstanding.

I mean, facing a 5 times clw, rsc team and getting no harm after one multiblock after another is crushing in? Hey... really.... get realistic.

YOU CANT TAKE MY WIN AS AN EXAMPLE. The UI is and stays unfair for the agile teams. Besides we woulda change something. And for that i can only agree, that we should not support the light guys with a bonus, as far as the fact, that they already HAVE the great bonus, of not getting ripped earlier.

Cheerz + greetz
Vimez.

Look down here to my signature, which I kept after winning this major.

---> I have proven the opposite!
 Jump to: