23 coaches online • Server time: 04:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Zombie69

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2009 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

That's not what i mean. Take the sentence in context and you'll see that what it means is this :

"You're guilty of dragging the thread off-topic by bringing in discussion about my team. It's not my fault if the thread got off-track because what i posted, contrary to what you posted, was relevant to the thread, since it pertained to a team that reached the final of the tournament that we're discussing. Therefore you shouldn't be pointing fingers as far as forum etiquette goes."

As for answering, it would have been nice if you could have brought forward actual arguments based on numbers, as every argument that you brought was quickly shut down by simply looking at the two lists of games played. I'm still waiting to hear how the two are in any way reflective of the same level of elf-bowling.
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2009 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

42,5 % to 50,35 % vs elfs played in 160 or 141 Games. To me thats not such a big difference that could allow you to point at someone else. Both Teams played pretty even games vs the other elfs. So now its your turn to show me how your teams isnt elfbowling....4 Races...42,5%...All the other Races 57,5%...leaving it up to you to show me thats not the same level;-)
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2009 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Warpstone OPEN IV COMES to an END

Ultimate Mr.Men Take the Title
PeteW Brings home his thrid Majors Trophy

Well the Warpstone Open came to a close this week with the Mr. Men rolling the field and cruising to the finish as the winners. From a fans perspective at the tournament it was a let down but not every Tournament goes to the wire like we would all like.

This years Open had its ups and downs but did not disapoint when it comes to entertainment. Alot of great matches were played and the CAS kept pilling up. A legend was taken down and untold Rookies all bit the dust hard. Looking back on the tournament here are the things I think this years installment will be remembered for.

1)Purple Chest the new comish decides to mix it up and install a new lottery draw for the main draw and go to 13 qualifiers. This really got some attention and gave the major some new energy.

2)THE TOTAL FIASCO at the Lottery!! Well I think lessons were learned and it will just get better from here. Man what a day after the lottery draw. Now that was some fun!

3)The Main Draw itself was interesting for all the "new" coaches involved in the run for the Title. Its good to see some new blood making a run.

4)the "real" finals match between Emphasy and PeteW was fun.

5)All those other "great" matches that happened through out the tournament that coaches got to spec and the participants had a fun time with. Which is why we love playing in majors, that one great match will keep us satisfied and coming back for more.

6)And of course the Post Open bitch fest that is going on about elfballing and game stats. Just adds to the excitement of a major.

I really enjoyed this years open and hope the UI can keep the loving feeling going with Purples changes he is wanting to install.

Miflord Dubblebags Altdorf Gazeete reporting

(Buccaneers are getting primed and ready for the UI. We have had it!! we are going to tear into some elves in the UI and leave a wake of broken bodies in our path to glory!! We are looking for our shot at the Ultimate Mr. Men, we want to test ourselves against those low down elves and take our pound of flesh from them.)
Zombie69

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2009 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Melmoth wrote:
42,5 % to 50,35 % vs elfs played in 160 or 141 Games. To me thats not such a big difference that could allow you to point at someone else. Both Teams played pretty even games vs the other elfs. So now its your turn to show me how your teams isnt elfbowling....4 Races...42,5%...All the other Races 57,5%...leaving it up to you to show me thats not the same level;-)

When you play your games in the TR 250 range and above, you should expect to play against lots of elves, orcs and chaos, because that's mostly what you'll find in that range on gamefinder. I don't think that's elfbowling, i think that's just playing the opponents you're being given.

That's a totally different thing than what we find in the other team, where the first basher has only 6 games played against it, while the first 5 races played against all have 16+. It's not just about how many elves you've played against, it's also about how many bashers. And clearly, those finalist woodies avoid bashers to a point where it's unbalancing them.
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2009 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Zombie's right, even though it's nice of Melmoth to stand up for a friend.
 Jump to: