74 coaches online • Server time: 22:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Endersdragon

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2009 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I am totally new to this game, I have read through the strategy guide, watched a game (maybe more by the time you read this) played the old weird '95 game a few times, but other then that I am totally a noob. I was wondering if anyone would want to A) help me learn to play the game by challenging me to a game and B) get an easy (probably, who knows I might suprise you... though I did tie the Halflings on that game... which from what I have heard is probably not a good sign for me Wink ). So any takers? I can generally play from midnight to 2:30 (meaning that would be the start time) central standard time (what can I say, I am a night owl.)

P.S. I have been having a bit of trouble getting the clinet to work, I am hoping this will clear itself up, but just a forewarning. And if theres any other noobs like me who want to run around like crazy trying to figure out this game feel free to message me too. I am not quite sure how this whole challenging thing works so whatever lol.
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2009 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Aim to play your first few games in the [A]cademy division.

If you can get chat going drop into #FumbblAcademy and #145

Keep a look out for these coaches and ask for some coaching.

And join the 145 Club Wink

Good luck.

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2009 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Let me introduce you to a good friend of mine, the Gamefinder.
Thomcat

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2009 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

A few Tips:

1) Get on Irc Chat - That will actually improve your chances of getting games a LOT.
2) If you are not from a English speaking country - then put your hometown in your profile and find the local Channel on the chat. These things are always much easier to talk about in your own tongue - and the effort people put into helping you are usually much larger.
3) Spectate as many games as you can. Use all time when you are on gf - to spectate games with solid coaches. That will show you a lot of things that might take you months to figure out ingame. You could start by when you find someone solid that helps you out - put them on your Buddy list. Then when you look for a game to spectate - their games light up in blue.
4) Expect to lose a lot in the beginning. And be glad of losing in the beginning. There is no point in playing coaches worse than yourself in the start - since that will not improve your game - just give you bad ideas about what is solid tactics.
5) in the start play with normal teams against normal teams (that excludes the following: All stunty teams, Ogres, Amazons, Vampires). You need to learn generel skills first and then you can build on with these races later.

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2009 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

dude, you can't be as bad as Russo!

Jump to: