22 coaches online • Server time: 02:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nightbringer

Post 16 Posted: May 27, 2004 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Im a new player, been playing the table top for some time and have enjoyed league play, but saddly My league seems to be falling apart. So this here seemed like a great Idea. At first it was cool getting use to a few things, but one thing I began to notice was how when some one went to challenge you and say they were taking one team that was about equal to yours they bring another one that well just pummles you...it is a sad day when people are blatantly lieing about teams and using it to take advantage of a noob....Yes I know noobs will lose alot that is a given, but when your on equal footing it should be a fair exchange.......I wont name names as I have a list of them already started on who not to play, but I really think people need to realize that this is a game and cheating isnt in the fairness of the game.
veron

Post   Posted: May 27, 2004 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbringer wrote:
... some one went to challenge you and say they were taking one team that was about equal to yours they bring another one that well just pummles you...

I'm positive this is against the FUMBBL rules, and if someone really has done this on purpose, you should talk to the admins so they can take further actions from there.
veron

Post   Posted: May 27, 2004 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, checked the rules. It isn't exactly illegal to say you are bringing team A, and then bring B, but:

Quote:

A game is considered to have started at the moment the clients connect. At this point you are committed to the game and must play it out. Note that this includes scenarios where your opponent purchased new players after the mutual agreement to play. This rule does not apply if any of the participants connects with a team other than the one the game was agreed on.

Ie, you don't have to - and shouldn't - play the game if the above has happened.
peikko

Post   Posted: May 27, 2004 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
A game is considered to have started at the moment the clients connect. At this point you are committed to the game and must play it out. Note that this includes scenarios where your opponent purchased new players after the mutual agreement to play. This rule does not apply if any of the participants connects with a team other than the one the game was agreed on.

edit: veron youre just 2fast4me
Enygma

Post   Posted: May 27, 2004 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

never happened to me

but there are many sad trends here, naming players as if they were race horses being one of them.
mymLaban

Post   Posted: May 27, 2004 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

well you still dont have to play if he brings another team then the one agreed on
Clementus

Post   Posted: May 27, 2004 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

And for someone to be so devious about a simple game is entirely idiotic. If this happens feel free to tell us Admin or pm one of us. This kind of behaviour wont be taken lightly as it spoils the game for anyone who encounters it.

Hope you havent lost faith due to a few rotten apples.

Clementus

Flings Rule!
quota

Post   Posted: May 27, 2004 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Clementus wrote:
And for someone to be so devious about a simple game is entirely idiotic.

Unfortunately some people take this simple game very seriously Confused

Post   Posted: May 27, 2004 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Take the game seriously for all I care.

Just do not cheat/abuse the systems/nOObs etc.

Post   Posted: May 27, 2004 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Dont ever trust what people say about their teams. I've learned this the hard way, some people lie through their teeth about their teams. I dont mind playing psyccho bashy teams, but I mind playing something very different from what I was expecting.

Post   Posted: May 27, 2004 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

The rule is check rosters, and if they dont bring the right team, then leave. If someone wants to complain they will come to an admin and wel will take a look at both sides.

Flings Rule!
brigmar

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2004 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Something you might want to consider is to have them make the game offer in a PM on the boards. That way you'll have 'proof' to show.
Kommando

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2004 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

maybe they can just fax me the offer too?
MixX

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2004 - 02:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer snail-mail, myself
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2004 - 02:48
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I'm amazed and disgusted that that sort of thing goes on. As everyone has said, just say no. then tell an admin. then tell everyone else.

New players need to be helped, not just slaughtered, and certainly not exploited by breaking rules they may not know exist. When i first started many players would laugh and run up a cricket score but one or two would offer advice and help as they did it. Try and find people like that to play, there are some about.
 Jump to: