26 coaches online • Server time: 02:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2009 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I noticed today that it is not possible to activate a team when there is another B team that has a skill pick pending. I don't really see why I am not allowed to play with my other teams when a team has a skill pick pending.

Any ideas?
XtremeXwing

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2009 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

yeh i just had that when my poll was active so i chose a boring skill (tackle) for the lose!
floppeditbackwards

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2009 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

how long does it take to pick a skill?
treborius

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2009 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

floppeditbackwards wrote:
how long does it take to pick a skill?

depends on whether or not i'm familiar with the race / skill-picks or not, how (un)common the alternatives and so on
for me it's probably anywhere in the range of 5sec. ... 5days (when i make a poll about it Wink )

with B-tourneys some might even like to not pick their skills until 1st tourney oppo is concealed (when they feel
their team doesn't need anymore building)
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2009 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

My guess is that won't work treborius. Once your team is "scheduled" it is locked. But it'd be good if someone tries that before any tournament comes up (as, so far, the website doesn't allow activation of teams with open skill picks ... so it might bug out if one of these teams is actually scheduled).

-Mnemon
treborius

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2009 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Mnemon wrote:
My guess is that won't work treborius. Once your team is "scheduled" it is locked. But it'd be good if someone tries that before any tournament comes up (as, so far, the website doesn't allow activation of teams with open skill picks ... so it might bug out if one of these teams is actually scheduled).

-Mnemon

well, it's locked (for a good reason!) when it has been scheduled by the Box-scheduler.
that doesn't mean it has to be locked when it's scheduled during a tourney.
whether we *want* it to be locked during a tourney is yet another question Wink

EDIT: also, the original question is why we can't activate team A while team B is waiting for a skill-pick...
...i'm strongly in favor of that and i wouldn't see why anyone could be against it or why that shouldn't be possible Smile
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2009 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

IMO, it's just a matter of coding 3 lines. It originates with the 1st scheduling method, and hasn't been taken in consideration in the second

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2009 - 09:59 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, only the team with skills pending should be barred from activation
SillySod

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2009 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess this is a hangover from the days before you could choose your team. Its not really a big problem but I guess it would make a nice change.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
 Jump to: