40 coaches online • Server time: 00:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2004 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

how can both have the same chance of success? PRO is an extra 4+ roll you have to make whereas pass is a free reroll
MixX

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2004 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Michael_Warblade wrote:
how can both have the same chance of success? PRO is an extra 4+ roll you have to make whereas pass is a free reroll

good question...
Unxerxes

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2004 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
If this is true, then this trait is bad, because it has 50% chances to give you the re-roll.

I bet you'ld say the glass is half empty...

Pro is the first skill to give any big guy on a double (well, not if it's a double 5 on a tree or a double 6 off course) as you then at least have half a shot at rerolling that otherwise unrerollable double skulls/failed gfi/really stupid/bonehead/whatever. After that it would depend on what you want to do with the big guy. You want to throw stuff around? get pass next double and pray for agility increases. You want to hurt stuff? get frenzy next double (unless we're talking wild animal who start off with frenzy in which case I'ld go for a claw or an rsc on a double).

@mymlaban: When TTM-ing it doesn't matter what happens to the stunty player as long as he doesn't have the ball. Eating a gobbo will not cause a turnover unless he had the ball in his hands when he went down the hatch.

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2004 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Michael_Warblade wrote:

yes, but you can use pro on any of the rolls required to be made (such as bone head, really stupid, picking up player) whereas pass can only be used on the pass roll, and if you work it out, both have a 50/81 chance of succeding, and as 3 of us came up with the same answer independently, (me, mezir, and i think it was freak_in_a_frock) and then vero verified it, i think it is a valid calculation

"Best Bar in This Street"
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2004 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

NoS isnt supposed to work on ttm. ... there is a big post on this on tbb. somewhere

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2004 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

only pass and pro affect TTM, i specificly says in the LRB that these are the only 2 skills that can be used on it

"Best Bar in This Street"
 Jump to: