48 coaches online • Server time: 00:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2009 - 04:04
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Congratualtions. By getting this far in the Lustrian Challenge you have at least some chance of being in the finals.

This PM is going out to all Qualifier winners, all qualifier final losers and all qualifier finalists in games as yet undecided.

This is the slightly revised procedure for the Lustrian Challange from here on.

The deadline for the Qualifier finals, and for playing the maximum allowed of three games between qualifier and LC itself, has been put back to Saturday Night at 23:59:59 server time. This is to compensate for the server downtime and so as to penalise less the people who couldnt finish their qualifiers early.

At that time, Saturday 23:59:59 the 16 qualifier winners will be accpeted into the LC group as long as they meet the following criteria:

1. They have applied
2. They have played a maximum of 3 games after their qualifier final
3: They meet flat entry criteria, those being:
A maximum of 5,000 GP in the bank.
No Stars on the roster
No wizzard hired

In the event that any winning qualifer final team is unable enter or be accepted, due to not meeting the above criteria in all ways, their place will be offered to the team they beat in their final.

If this team wishes to be considered at that time it also has to have obeyed ALL the same criteria. Including having applied to the LC group page.

If that team hasnt applied or doesnt met ALL the criteria, then the place will be offered to any qualified and applied losing qualifier final team, decided by random dice roll in fumbblmajors.

In this way 16 teams WILL be accepted into the LC group. At this time they are not able to play ANY MORE GAMES.If they do so they will be replaced in the finals.

The 16 coaches of those teams now enter the challenge stage. It is their responsibility to send to Shadow46x2 a list of the other 15 LC teams. the teams should be ordered from 1 to 15 showing your preference as to which team they would LIKE to face in the first round of the LC.

At 23:59:59 on Wednesday 9th September in fumbbl Majors Shadow will read the top preference of the smallest team by TR in the LC group. They will get their first choice of opponent. He will then read the PM from the next smallest team by TR that hasn't been paired so far, and read down their list until he finds a team as yet unmatched. That will from the next pairing. This process will continue until we have generated the 8 first roundmatch ups.

At the same time i will be randomly allocating the matches into a pre drawn Tournament and then replacing the filler teams with the 2 teams for that match. this way we will have a normal knock out draw after the 'challenge stage' produced first round.

The tournament will have dynamic gold, 1 week rounds all the usual trimmings. After the first round the flat entry criteria cease to apply.
If you have any questions ask them to me, PurpleChest, by PM or find the thread starting with this message in the Tournament forum and post it there.

Good luck and have fun. I hope the instructions are clear and we hav a fascinating Lustrian Challenge this year.

Last edited by PurpleChest on %b %10, %2009 - %19:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
Reisender

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2009 - 08:54 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:

The deadline for the Qualifier finals, and for playing the maximum allowed of three games between qualifier and LC itself, has been put back to Saturday Night at 23:59:59 server time. T

thx for the info and the great tourney... just to make sure: saturday, 5th of September that deadline is?

(eddit four spaelink)
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2009 - 09:23
FUMBBL Staff

Yup. As the calendar now shows.

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2009 - 09:24 Reply with quote Back to top

ah ok. Cheers. And cu in the finals...
Cribbleobblepie

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2009 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to clarify (And I think I have this right), the first 8 matchups will be placed randomly and NOT in TR order, so the second round will feature a random lineup rather than a light to heavy distribution?

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2009 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Cribbleobblepie wrote:
Just to clarify (And I think I have this right), the first 8 matchups will be placed randomly and NOT in TR order, so the second round will feature a random lineup rather than a light to heavy distribution?

yar! so you will play some CDs at least in round 2 Wink and stompy will face the real Hthark!
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2009 - 10:55
FUMBBL Staff

Cribbleobblepie wrote:

Yes the 8 first round pairings will be placed randomly into the draw, NOT in TR order.

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2009 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

To be honest I doubt the wisdom of this system. It surely is in keeping with "Challenge" spirit and whatnot, but with some bad luck the final won't nearly be the epic clash of teams some people expect of it and just end up as a game between two medium-high teams.
p4m

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2009 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

WG|Dark_Angel wrote:
To be honest I doubt the wisdom of this system. It surely is in keeping with "Challenge" spirit and whatnot, but with some bad luck the final won't nearly be the epic clash of teams some people expect of it and just end up as a game between two medium-high teams.

Thats nothing about the system to call your oppo, but just playing 3 prep games... you wont see that many stars, this is because of flat entry - the 'problems' you are talking about arent of the challenge system...
I think the challenge system is pretty cool Razz
WG|Dark_Angel

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2009 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah, I'm talking challenge system. If everyone faces an opponent of roughly the same strength, finding survivors of the first two rounds could prove tricky. Then again, I might just be a pessimist again.
Cribbleobblepie

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2009 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

You're assuming this is a real sports environment where upsets aren't that likely. Have to remember this is a dice game, and its not unusual for unexpected results to turn up every round of a cup. I'm sure the cream will rise to the top eventually. Don't forget to win it you have to beat the best at some point or other anyway, why not the first or second round?

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2009 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

WG|Dark_Angel wrote:
Nah, I'm talking challenge system. If everyone faces an opponent of roughly the same strength, finding survivors of the first two rounds could prove tricky. Then again, I might just be a pessimist again.

/LC trashtalkmode on:

uh, someone does not want to try his own medicine? Wink

(yes, i di not switch it off....)
WG|Dark_Angel

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2009 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Reisender wrote:
/LC trashtalkmode on:

uh, someone does not want to try his own medicine? Wink

(yes, i di not switch it off....)

Not a bad one, Reisender ^_^
 Jump to: