47 coaches online • Server time: 11:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Gatts

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Hope this is the right forum for this.

I started a game with my brand new Nurgle rotters team and evrything was going very well for me. At the start of the second half the web cafe my opponent was playing from closed, and we saved the game.
The problem is that it seems the web cafe doesn't seem to be his regular plauing spot and we can't load the game unless both of us have the file.. right. Is there an easy way to solve this, like me mailing my save file to him?
Or maybe try to recreate the game up to the point where we left off?
Thankfull for any help
Filov

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

AKAIK only the person hosting the match has to have a save file, but its been a while so who knows....
Topper

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

So it is, i´m nearly a 100% certain.
Gatts

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

i thought so too, but my opponent claims the client asks him for a file, maybe I'm doing something wrong when loading the files.. what is the correct procedure?

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Both players need the savegame file (or we wouldn't have so many problems with loading from an .inc file)
Dementor

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Gatts wrote:
i thought so too, but my opponent claims the client asks him for a file, maybe I'm doing something wrong when loading the files.. what is the correct procedure?

The previous server has to start with "Load from file", the previous client with "Net client", not "Load from file", too - he hasn't any.
SkiJunkie

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

both computers need a save file. Guess how easy it would be to cheat if that wasn't so. Smile next time the guy should email the save to himself so he can download it to the computer he resumes the game from.

Mirror - http://javabbowl.no-ip.org
Mirror - http://home.austin.rr.com/javabbowl
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yeah. And one thing I found out the hard way a while back is that the save file includes the path to the roster. If you have JBB in "C:/BloodBowl/" at work and "~/BB/" at home, then you have to go in and edit the save file in order to find the rosters.

This was a loooong time ago and I'm not sure if you can still upload a game after messing with the save file. If you're having problems, however you could try it.

Jump to: