15 coaches online • Server time: 06:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
stargzrrag

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2004 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I think playing more than one game at a time is one of the rudest things you can do on FUMBBL.

Is it against the rules?

If not, why not?
Dementor

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2004 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not exactly against the rules as far as I know. But you can't guarantee to keep neither opponent waiting if it's your turn at the same time in both matches.

For further reading on this topic consult this thread.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2004 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I usually start looking for another game, if I run into one of those snails, who take 8 mins for each turn without playing multiple games.
But then I know, which game has my preferrence to be played first.
odi

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2004 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Couple of times I've run into ppl who play multiple games at the same time. It's not a problem if I'm playing from work, because then I'm not in a hurry and if they let me know in advance that they are planning to play multiple games. But if I'm playing at home in the evening and I run into someone who's taking 6-8 min turns because he is playing 2 games at once, that's just annoying. Those ppl would propably go into my do not play list, if I ever had one Smile
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2004 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

indeed it is rude !!!!
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2004 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I simply can't concentrate on 2 games on the same time. But it's not a problem for me if another one plays 2 games.

Is he some kind of gary kasparov?
Flynn

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2004 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

its excessivly rude

Goodbye Cusi
Morgion

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2004 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

well i dont see the big problem as long as they keep up with both games.. 7 min turns are frustrating.. had one teh other day.. lost my cool Sad

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2004 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

i think it is very rude, it is so frustrating waiting 3 or 4 minutes for a player to decide whether to use diving tackle/apoth etc

it is the one thing that will make me not play an opponent again, it is like saying 'you are so boring i can't be bothered to even watch you play' and it is not like i am a slow player, normally taking between 1-2 minutes per turn
G_u_s

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2004 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

i've already played two games at the same time (not on fumbbl though), and i've always managed to keep my turns under 3 minutes, at _max_.
if you can do that without keeping your oppponent waiting, i see nothing wrong with it. but taking 7 minutes for a turn because you're playing two games is lame, indeed Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2004 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

stargzrrag wrote:
I think playing more than one game at a time is one of the rudest things you can do on FUMBBL.

Is it against the rules?

If not, why not?

I agree it is rude but can't see why there needs to be a rule against it. We should be promoting good sportsmanship/playing which includes being responsive to the other player. We should not HAVE to mandate every single rule, people who need rules to tell them what they shouldn't do especially when it is common sense or manner. People who need these instructions are people I think we do not want as part of the the FUMBBL community.

If this does become a rule how about we add saying please and thank to the rules since not saying that is also rude Rolling Eyes
 Jump to: