39 coaches online • Server time: 11:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2009 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Operating System (mine):
Mac OS X 10.4.11 (Tiger).

Java Version (Output from: java -version):
java version "1.5.0_19"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_19-b02-306)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_19-138, mixed mode, sharing)

Bug Description:

I played a game with my ogres vs some gobbos a few days ago and we found what seemed to be a number of bugs (sorry, I didn't get any screenshots).

Firstly - when given the option to sidestep with my snotlings after they'd been pushed back, I tried saying 'no' to the sidestep. Having declined the sidestep, my opponent then seemed to be able to push me into any adjacent square, as if his player had the 'grab' skill. This obviously looks like a bug.

Another bug occurred when I tried to throw one of the snotlings. The ogre rolled bonehead on the throw action (he was adjacent to the snotty to start with), BUT the bonehead took effect after he had picked the snotling up. So, the ogre had bonehead, but was left holding the snotty. Intrigued, I then tried to move the ogre on a following turn to see if he could carry the snotling, but when he moved the snotling seemed to just vanish into oblivion, never to be seen again! Very Happy

A couple of other things about the TTM: I only seemed to be able to make one TTM per turn - is that right? The TTM description in the rules don't mention only being able to use it once, although maybe it's treated the same as a regular pass action?

The other thing was that I didn't seem to be able to throw snotlings directly at opposing players (I wanted to use them as squidgy missiles ...). I had a look in the rulebook, but couldn't see anything about not being able to do this .... ?
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2009 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
A couple of other things about the TTM: I only seemed to be able to make one TTM per turn - is that right? The TTM description in the rules don't mention only being able to use it once, although maybe it's treated the same as a regular pass action?

As you said, it's treated as your pass for that turn.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2009 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, so that one's not a bug then. Thanks.
AoP-Vimes

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2009 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

As mentioned before the TTM worx instead of your regular pass action. One pass per turn.

But this:
JellyBelly wrote:
The other thing was that I didn't seem to be able to throw snotlings directly at opposing players (I wanted to use them as squidgy missiles ...). I had a look in the rulebook, but couldn't see anything about not being able to do this .... ?

Is right as well: You cant AIM for a head of someone. This would just make the snots into killermachines and it is not possible to aim for an occupied Square. You need the LUCK mate Smile.

---> I have proven the opposite!
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2009 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, but where does it say in the LRB5 rulebook that you can't aim a pass (ball or stunty) at an opposing player if you want to?

I mean, if you can't throw snotlings at people then what else are they good for? Twisted Evil
Nighteye

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2009 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually I believe you can choose whatever square you want to, to throw the ball/player. But a TTM will always be inaccurate, so the player will only rarely end up in the square he was thrown to.
Naru1981

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2009 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

As said you cant aim AT a player BUT the thrown player does scatter so can end up still hitting. effective against the box i've seen lol

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2009 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

AoP-Vimes wrote:
You cant AIM for a head of someone. This would just make the snots into killermachines and it is not possible to aim for an occupied Square. You need the LUCK mate .

FMSTAN wrote:
As said you cant aim AT a player BUT the thrown player does scatter so can end up still hitting. effective against the box i've seen lol

Ok ... but at what page in the rulebook does it say that you can't aim a pass or a thrown team-mate at an opposition player? I couldn't find it anywhere.

The rulebook is what we're referring to, right?
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2009 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

It is a holdover rule that LRB5 keeps from LRB4's answer and question section. I would assume they believed they already answered this and did not have to re-state it. But from the LRB4 question and answer section it reads...

Q: If a player is thrown using the Throw Team Mate trait, but does not have the ball. Is it a turnover if:
a) The thrown player lands in the same square as an opponent?
b) The thrown player lands in the same square as a teammate?
A:
a) No turnover, roll for Armour (and injury if necessary) on both players and continue the turn. Note that this situation cannot be specifically aimed for. This can only arise if the player scatters to an opponents square.
b) Turnover. Both players require an Armour roll (and injury if necessary).
Note that it is a turnover in both cases if the thrown player is carrying the ball.
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2009 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to bring up and ask...

Why can we not throw a teammate into a square occupied by the ball?
zakatan

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2009 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

is it possible to chose NOT to use sidestep??

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2009 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I see it in the Q&A section for LRB4, but it's not stated explicitly in LRB5. Maybe they left it out because they wanted to change the rule ... ?

Is it automatically assumed that Q&A responses from LRB4 apply to LRB5 as well, even if they've been left out?

zakatan wrote:
is it possible to chose NOT to use sidestep??

I think this is possible and I think Kalimar is incorporating this into the new client.
 Jump to: