11 coaches online • Server time: 05:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WindexChugger

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2010 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

So I'm going to add even more to my Lizards' team bio. This time it'll be a "Tournaments entered" section. I want the sections to look exactly like they do in the tournament's page, but I can't find out how to get the black horizontal lines on the team bio.

Here's how far I've gotten (with a '09 WO qualifier as example.)

Any suggestions?

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

would like to know the same
And also is it possible to make it show at the press of a button?
WindexChugger

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Try this Manp:

Quote:
<input style='width:150px;' type="button" value="Show" onclick="x=document.getElementById('hide1');if(x.style.display != 'none'){x.style.display = 'none';this.value='Show'}else{x.style.display = 'block';this.value='Hide';}"><div id=hide1 style='display:none'><!--

-->YOURTEXT<!--

--></div>

and replace the 'YOURTEXT' with the stuff you want opened when you click the button. I've updated the team bio linked in my first post with a show button. Is that what you wanted?

~Windex

Last edited by WindexChugger on %b %14, %2010 - %00:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Change the border of the table from 1 to a number.
Code:
border="0" > border="1"

Or something like:
Code:
<table style='border: solid 2px black; width:400px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;' border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5">
WindexChugger

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I've got horizontal lines but...now there's too many lines.
Link

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 07:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Before I start rambling on, do you mean something like this?
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=604365

If that's the case, here's my walk-through:
Go to the apropriate tournament page, open source of that page*, find the apropriate tournament table. Copy it into your favorite text editor (often easier to edit than using FUMBBL). Search and replace all " with ' (hopefully the chosen text editor has a search and replace function. If there's any team-names that originally contained ", go back and change those. Copy into Team Bio (remember to comment out appropriate linebreaks).

* with some browsers you can also select part of the page, and look at it's source, saves you abit time as the entire page-source can look messy.
WindexChugger

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

yea, that's exactly what I want! I'd done the source page part, but didn't realize " and ' were so different (I may have a crazy team bio, but I'm still a noob with html.) Thanks!

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

WindexChugger wrote:
yea, that's exactly what I want! I'd done the source page part, but didn't realize " and ' were so different (I may have a crazy team bio, but I'm still a noob with html.) Thanks!

Usually it doesn't matter if you use " or ', but FUMBBL doesn't want " some places for some reason.
 Jump to: