45 coaches online • Server time: 00:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
f_alk

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2010 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,
I was just wondering: Assuming I activate my rather Rookie Box Team, and assuming there are 5 other coaches who activeated only very high TS teams...
Will this lead to a match up, or does the Scheduler have a TS bracket inside which all match ups have to stay? I was thinking of something like 40TS rule of Ranked - does that exist?
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2010 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

The Blackbox has a 15TS limit, after taking account of handicaps;

So you might get a 108/115 vs 100/100 games, but you can also get a 119/120 v 100/100 game, or a 134/125 v 100/100 game

All 3 are considered to be 15 TS apart for the scheduler, although the scheduler adjusts the scoring to aim for non-handicap games.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2010 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

For each matchup a score is calculated, if that is too low, it will not be a valid matchup. It depends on TR, TS, BWR and BBR afaik.
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2010 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

So each handicap counts as 5 TS for the purposes of seeing whether then game can be scheduled or not. As Duke Tyrion so rightly points out, the sceduler (we so need a name for it i suggest Doris) will favour non handicap games over handicapped ones.
f_alk

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2010 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks.
I was thinking that something like that surely wasn't forgotten - but you never know.
maysrill

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2010 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's an example.

Not a happy sight for a rookie team. 1 handicap may be worth 5 TS, but 3 rarely seem to be fair as 15TS. I happened to get lucky with Wasn't Me (rookie gobbo), Illegal Drugs (ST5 bull) and Knuckledusters (1 cas that I wouldn't have otherwise).

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
Kryten

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2010 - 18:16
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock wrote:
For each matchup a score is calculated, if that is too low, it will not be a valid matchup. It depends on TR, TS, BWR and BBR afaik.

BWR and BBR were once included in the formula, but no longer are. Now the score depends on TR, TS, and the racial lookup table. (there are a couple other modifiers regarding same-race matchups and rematches)
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2010 - 09:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Kryten wrote:
Woodstock wrote:

BWR and BBR were once included in the formula, but no longer are. Now the score depends on TR, TS, and the racial lookup table. (there are a couple other modifiers regarding same-race matchups and rematches)

Also there is no lower limit for the matchup score. So no matter the actual score, as long as it is within the 15TS range, it can be scheduled. The lower the score, the more unlikely that is though.
 Jump to: