60 coaches online • Server time: 22:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LtSpeed

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2009 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Something to add to the FAQ- if the bot is not in the IRC channel, the division draws are still active! I missed out on 3 draws last night not knowing that.
Timlagor

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2009 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

The minimum number of coaches for scheduling is 6.
The schedule is not random but is designed to give the most 'fair' matches.

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2010 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I have just started playing in Blackbox and wondered how the ranking system works here.
I have a 7/4/4 record so far yet a sub 150 ranking. I assume there is something about games with new teams not counting?
If that is the case do we know why? Since you can't 'pick' in Blackbox it seems at least superficially to me to be unnecessary.
On a side note would it not be better to have games affect your standard coach rating too?
After all Blackbox is the only division where a ranking may really mean something.
I am sure there may be reasons why things are done this way.
In the end I don’t really care about rankings, I am playing Blackbox because it is easier to get games. I would just like to know the reasoning.

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2010 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

If it's the first game for either team, then it will not count towards ranking. This way due to some very weird from loaded teams (all stars), which would play 1 game, then retire.

Also, your ranking is affected by the BR and TS of your opponent ... if you win a game 120/120 vs 120/105 against a BR 140 coach, then your BR is likely to only go up a fraction, but if you win with a 120/120 vs 120/135 team against a BR 165 coach then your BR is likely to go up by a huge amount.

Hope that helps explain things a little.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2010 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

If one or both teams are rookie, the match doesn`t count. This was implemented to prevent the various 'Team loaded with stars and retired after one game' approaches.

BWR is separate from CR, because else it would be mixed up. Some coaches gaining CR by Ranked and others by Box means. Which would be unfair for the box coaches I guess.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2010 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

For instance, your 3 wins on your Norse team would not have counted towards ranking, as your first game you had a new team, and the second and fifth game (both of which you won) your opponents both had new teams.

You have just been a little unlucky with where the win fell, just carry on and your BR will find it's natural level it time.
Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2010 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

havent the blackbox times increased from half an hour to 15 minutes per match?

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2010 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the quick answers. Thought it would be something like that, and the reasoning behind the first game rule makes perfect sence to me now.

@Peter_Thorpe yes 15 mins now.

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2010 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Peter_Thorpe wrote:
havent the blackbox times increased from half an hour to 15 minutes per match?

Updated
Ancre

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2010 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
Q) What if my team is not matched?
A) Because there are often odd numbers of applicants, or becuase a minimum 'match' score is required, sometimes you will not be given a game. Just be patient and re-apply 30 minutes later.

You forgot to change that part to 15.

(This is not to be annoying, it's just that most of the time, the only help I can give is on little details like this - and as I like your project, I'd like to help Smile )
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2010 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Ancre wrote:
DukeTyrion wrote:
Q) What if my team is not matched?
A) Because there are often odd numbers of applicants, or becuase a minimum 'match' score is required, sometimes you will not be given a game. Just be patient and re-apply 30 minutes later.

You forgot to change that part to 15.

(This is not to be annoying, it's just that most of the time, the only help I can give is on little details like this - and as I like your project, I'd like to help Smile )

Updated
 Jump to: