81 coaches online • Server time: 22:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Beige_Guardian

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2010 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

hihi, everyone, new Fumbbl person here.

just a question about black box. since games are drawn every 30 mins, what'd happen if I have a game drawn as I leave? would my opponent be able to play someone else, or wait for me to come back? also, what happens if one team retires?
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2010 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's every fifteen minutes. I suppose you would have to play your drawn opponent the next time you both are online.

Last edited by MrMojo on %b %24, %2010 - %22:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
blader4411

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2010 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Games are drawn every 15 mins now.
Also, if you are drawn, you're stuck, so you have to play. Don't leave Razz
And if one team retires without playing... Contact the Admins.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2010 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

You have to activate to be drawn, so if you are planning on leaving, just don't activate (activation time starts 5 minutes before the draw, and ends at the draw, teams that get games gets scheduled, teams that doesn't get games gets unactivated)

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2010 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

You are committed to playing the game the moment the draw is made, in the same way that you are committed to playing a game in ranked the moment that you join the game.

If something else comes up you must attempt to re-schedule the game at a suitable time with your opponent.

Retiring a team instead of playing would be seriously frowned upon, you would likely be punished in the same way had you retired a team in ranked after dropping your connection.
Beige_Guardian

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2010 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

for retiring, I meant if I was playing one game as the thing was drawn (don't know how it's done) and my team got slaugtered down to like 5/6 men, rathe than just etiring too piss off my opponent
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2010 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

You can retire your team after the game, same as any division.

Sorry i am not sure i totally understand your question.

I think you misunderstand how the box works. You choose which of your teams you wish to enter into the next draw. Then every 15 minutes the draw is made and one of the teams you activated will be drawn to play another coaches team. If you don't enter any teams into the draw you will not be scheduled to play. If your team wasn't drawn in that round, then it will automatically be taken off the list for the next round and you have to activate it again if you want to be part of that draw.

These are one off games, not part of a tournament, so once you finish your game you don't have to play again until you are ready
cthol

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2010 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, you can't activate a team again while it's in-game: as long as no result has been uploaded for the current game, you can't activate again. I think...
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2010 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually you can activate another team whilst you are playing (sometimes this is done when another round is about to kick off and you are in the last turn of your current game, please check in chat for any objections before you do this). What you can't do is activate a team that currently has a game scheduled. Also you can't activate any teams until you have chosen any skills that need to be chosen. This is correct as skill rolling is a post match action, and should really be done as soon as the match is finished, and not when you see who your next opponent is.
 Jump to: