94 coaches online • Server time: 21:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
skejwen

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2010 - 03:33 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=2942389

n/c Smile
Zombie69

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2010 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

The only problems with this game were that (1) at low TR, chaos TS is overvalued and (2) the chaos team got badlucky. Otherwise, the matchup was pretty fair, with the chaos team getting 4 handicaps, and handicaps being valued at 5 TS each.
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2010 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Does this match-up seem relatively fair?

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=2955405

I don't usually concede, but really saw no point in playing that.

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2010 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a rookie chaos team so probably not as unfair as you percieved it. Let's not mention that it looks an awful lot like an illegal concession.

Last edited by Sionis on %b %03, %2010 - %20:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Optihut

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2010 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

MrMojo wrote:
Does this match-up seem relatively fair?

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=2955405

I don't usually concede, but really saw no point in playing that.

/boo
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2010 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Sionis wrote:
It's a rookie chaos team so probably not as unfair as you percieved it. Let's not mention that it looks an awful lot like an illegal concession.

Probably but I was just amazed at the unfair match-up that it took all the fun away and I saw no reason to continue. And he was no rookie, he new how to cage Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2010 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Sionis wrote:

since when is 144/128 rookie?...

the team also had a +AG, so the major "rookie chaos" problem is dealt with....

not to mention the coach has a 19/19/17 record, playing exclusively blackbox...h i'd say he knows a thing or two...

so yeah...probably a little unfair as mojo perceived it

--j

ImageImage
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2010 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Then again.. it was an 11 player chaos without tackle and with the only hurting skill being MB on the troll, he was getting 2 handicaps (so a good chance to bring them below 11 players from the get go) against a woodelf team with 2 dancers.

On top, it was the teams first match, so it would be a 5 minutes thing to redo. Instead of giving it a try having nothing to lose, you simply did conceeded. Where is the merit of the concession?
maysrill

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2010 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Zombie69 wrote:
The only problems with this game were that (1) at low TR, chaos TS is overvalued and (2) the chaos team got badlucky. Otherwise, the matchup was pretty fair, with the chaos team getting 4 handicaps, and handicaps being valued at 5 TS each.

IMO, the handicap system breaks down badly the more of them you have. The odds of 4 handicaps actually having 20TS worth of effect on the game seem small.

I think the suitability of a matchup should really start falling off severely if more than one handicap is involved. It becomes random chance whether the matchup comes close to being even whether you get: Palmed Coin, Bad Press, Doom & Gloom, and Virus (no niggling); or Morley's Revenge, Greatest, It Wasn't Me, and Illegal Drugs.
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2010 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
Then again.. it was an 11 player chaos without tackle and with the only hurting skill being MB on the troll, he was getting 2 handicaps (so a good chance to bring them below 11 players from the get go) against a woodelf team with 2 dancers.

On top, it was the teams first match, so it would be a 5 minutes thing to redo. Instead of giving it a try having nothing to lose, you simply did conceeded. Where is the merit of the concession?

There is no merit there. As I said, I don't usually concede, but I think this was a proper place to make an exception. Just for m own sanity's sake. Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2010 - 17:20
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think anyone should accept matches in Blackbox and then concede because the match turns out to be a difficult one. That runs contrary to the spirit of the division, IMO.
clarkin

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2010 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

The chaos team had 12 players, but did he only have one reroll then? It was a tough matchup but far from concession worthy. Zero tacklers, one MB on the troll, one DP, and nothing to lose with a new team. Next time give it a go!
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2010 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

clarkin wrote:
The chaos team had 12 players, but did he only have one reroll then? It was a tough matchup but far from concession worthy. Zero tacklers, one MB on the troll, one DP, and nothing to lose with a new team. Next time give it a go!

Thanks for the positive comments, put purely from the point of fun, the match wasn't. At least when waiting for 5 more turns of caging, stalling and prone players Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2010 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

clarkin wrote:
The chaos team had 12 players, but did he only have one reroll then?

He has 90k left over, and no new players bought. He won 100k in the game. By my math, he had 130k saved up for a reroll before the game and 1 reroll.

130k + 100k - 140k = 90k
 Jump to: